About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My Questions
Masterxilo Offline

My Questions
First of all, I just wanted to say hi and that I'm really amazed by this engine!

Second, I want to ask some questions:
  • I saw that the text drawing routines support unicode. However, if I let it draw an unicode character, it just draws a '?'. I guess this is because the character I want to draw is not in the font bitmap. Where is that one and how to change that?
  • Where to report bugs? Is there some kind of tracker or would I just post here (not that I already found one, I only just started looking at this engine)?
  • How many people are working on Esenthel Engine?
  • When was Esenthel Engine created/since when is it available?
  • How many licensees are there?
  • Can you show me some commercial games created with Esenthel?
  • Can you make the engine window resizeable?
  • Can you make split-screen view?

Thanks

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2010 08:34 PM by Masterxilo.)
11-29-2009 02:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Hi & some questions
Hello

Quote:I saw that the text drawing routines support unicode. However, if I let it draw an unicode character, it just draws a '?'. I guess this is because the character I want to draw is not in the font bitmap. Where is that one and how to change that?
please check font creation tutorial

Quote:Where to report bugs? Is there some kind of tracker or would I just post here (not that I already found one, I only just started looking at this engine)?
please use the forum "Support" - http://www.esenthel.com/community/forumd....php?fid=2

Quote:How many people are working on Esenthel Engine?
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=developer

Quote:When was Esenthel Engine created/since when is it available?
I'm working on it since many many years, but I released it publicly 1-3 years ago

Quote:How many licensees are there?
Can you show me some commercial games created with Esenthel?
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=buy

Quote:Can you make the engine window resizeable?
the World Editor tool has Video Options (F12) where you can change the window size

Quote:Can you make split-screen view?
you can do this in the codes (please check tutorials for viewports)
11-29-2009 02:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

Quote:the World Editor tool has Video Options (F12) where you can change the window size
K saw that. But I meant generally, can you make the game window resizeable by dragging it's edges? (like any other window)
Because it looks like the window size is fixed (or at least not modifyable by just dragging).

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

11-29-2009 04:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
b1s Offline

hi master grin
11-29-2009 02:16 PM
Masterxilo Offline

hi, b1s, I was quite sure I knew you from le, now I'm sure

Some more questions:
  • Can models have multiple uv channels? Like, one for the diffuse texture, another one for the lightmap?

11-29-2009 02:23 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

yes, it is supported from B3D format
11-29-2009 03:27 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Then how would I use it = say it should use this/that channel for that map (bump, lightmap etc.)?

And is there a way to disable bloom/glowing completely? Because even with simple Rendering (the Rendering tutorial) everything glows/has bloom.

And how do you perform raycasts against visible geometry/meshes (not physx bodies)? (To determine if something is hit)

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2009 06:27 PM by Masterxilo.)
11-29-2009 06:13 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Is morph target based animation supported?

11-30-2009 10:49 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:Then how would I use it = say it should use this/that channel for that map (bump, lightmap etc.)?
when you import b3d, it is handled automatically

Quote:And how do you perform raycasts against visible geometry/meshes (not physx bodies)? (To determine if something is hit)
this is not recommended due to speed, physx is optimized for that, but you can do it, there are various Sweep*, Cuts functions (please search the headers)

Quote:Is morph target based animation supported?
no, instead of that, you can create multiple animation pose, save each as an animation, and then blend between them, like in facial expressions tutorial
12-01-2009 04:12 PM
Masterxilo Offline

What about
Quote:And is there a way to disable bloom/glowing completely? Because even with simple Rendering (the Rendering tutorial) everything glows/has bloom.
?

Can't I deactivate that?

12-01-2009 09:41 PM
Harry Offline

Line from header Display.h

Display& bloom (Flt original,Flt scale,Flt cut,Bool overbright); // set Bloom parameters, setting 'original' value to 1 and 'scale' to 0 disables bloom

Btw. Shouldn't be "disabled"?
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2009 10:42 PM by Harry.)
12-01-2009 10:41 PM
Masterxilo Offline

k, thx, will try that.

What about:
Quote:Can you make the engine window resizeable?
Quote:can you make the game window resizeable by dragging it's edges? (like any other window)
Because it looks like the window size is fixed (or at least not modifyable by just dragging).
Isn't realtime resizing possible?

And more questions:
  • Are particles affected by lights/light color/ambient light?
    Like, are they grey when there is no light? And red when they are shune by a red light?
    Some effect like http://orenk2k.blogspot.com/2007/12/per-...icles.html
  • Are realtime reflections possible? At least on planes? What about water reflection/refraction?

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2009 10:42 PM by Masterxilo.)
12-02-2009 11:06 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:Isn't realtime/lve resizing possible?
this is on my todolist
Quote:Are particles affected by lights/light color/ambient light?
nope
Quote:Are realtime reflections possible? At least on planes? What about water reflection/refraction?
yes, everything is possible on water plane, and water lakes
on non water planes, its not yet supported, but is on my todo list
12-02-2009 04:25 PM
Masterxilo Offline

How do you enable reflections for the water plane?

12-02-2009 09:42 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

please check the water tutorial (cpp file, there are reflections automatically enabled, please also check the Water.h header file)
12-02-2009 10:56 PM