About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel RPG 2 AND Esenthel MMO
baphomeh Offline

Esenthel RPG 2 AND Esenthel MMO
Question. As an independent developer possibly moving to Esenthel:
http://underworld.wecometoplay.com (condept site)
http://underworldmmo.wordpress.com (semi devblog)

Can the source code for Esenthel RPG 2 and the source for the new MMO features be combined together for an MMORPG?
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2010 06:27 PM by baphomeh.)
11-10-2010 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Esenthel RPG 2 AND Esenthel MMO
you can mix some elements, but for example moving few things from erpg2 to mmo won't be straightforward (items physics, ai, .. ) they'll need different approach.
11-10-2010 06:48 PM
baphomeh Offline

ahhh

rats.. in that case i may be stuck with using udk and a database. i have one year left to finish my demo/alpha and i am a competent coder, but creating code from scratch is not my forte (literally almost all of my work experience has been modifying or extending existing code structures)
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 03:07 PM by baphomeh.)
11-11-2010 03:07 PM
dylantan Offline

(11-10-2010 06:48 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  you can mix some elements, but for example moving few things from erpg2 to mmo won't be straightforward (items physics, ai, .. ) they'll need different approach.

Hi Esenthel, just a quick question in regards to ur above statement. The approach u talking about here is refering to Server-side Game Logic? Meaning we would have to move the game logic from the client to the Server right? Does the MMO framework (which I asked on another thread here) consist of the basic logic?
02-07-2011 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply