About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Attr-X (First beta available now!)
runewake2 Offline

RE: Attr-X (First beta available now!)
Hey, I got the same error as Llynx. Also, attempting to redownload failed multiple times. i don't know why but it would cut out after a while and just say "error" in Opera. Pretty sure it's my internet. I'll get back to you if it isn't.

I plan on following this closely a music based MMO is where I see this going and that sounds nothing short of amazing.
04-24-2011 06:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dandruff Offline

I managed to download and install without errors. I like the underground subway station travel system, very neat!
04-24-2011 07:02 AM
runewake2 Offline

Hmm. It crashed when I tried to use that.
04-25-2011 03:16 PM
yvanvds Offline

That's awkward. Which one did you use and where did you wanna go? I know it takes a few seconds, possibly more with a low framerate. But it never crashed on me.

Oh, and was this in singleplayer or multiplayer?
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2011 03:41 PM by yvanvds.)
04-25-2011 03:37 PM
runewake2 Offline

I was in multiplayer. I believe it was the portal near the black cube thing. I was trying to go anywhere really. I opened the menu and the first (top left) square had an orange box around it. I clicked the lava box and the orange box disappeared from the left box and did not appear on the lava box (i believe this is the top right one?) Then I tried to get out because I couldn't click anything. That didn't work and then about ten seconds later Windows said that program had stopped responding and closed it.

I could try to duplicate the error again and actually pay attention this time if you would like me to.
04-25-2011 05:49 PM
Dynad Offline

It crashes for me at single and multiplayer.. after it tries to start the game. i can select the character and make one.. "very funny" and then... Crash!

I can't tell you more since it doesn't make a log file about what happened..

edit: i installed it on another hard-drive.. maybe its something wrong there.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2011 06:01 PM by Dynad.)
04-25-2011 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

Good Idea there, Dynad. Perhaps I should make a new version with some log functions. Shouldn't take that much time to do that.
04-25-2011 07:16 PM
yvanvds Offline

Beta 1.4 is now available for download. This includes the following fixes over last week's version:

* Mouse will now stay visible if your connection is lost.
* Chat window will also update correctly if you're typing.
* Empty messages do not appear in chat.
* Shaky camera zoom while carying a ball should be gone.
* You can now see other players near you on the minimap.
* Jitter in ball position while carying or when on a fixed route is gone.
* Improved savegame & configfile.
* A logfile keeps track of what you're doing. (This will help debug future problems.)

Thanks to all users for trying this out!

The program is no longer installed in the program files directory. this proved to be problematic for automatic updates when the program was not started in admin mode. This also means that you'll have to use the uninstaller to remove last week's version before installing this one.

If you're interested, download here: http://attr-x.net/index.php?option=com_c...&Itemid=10
05-02-2011 05:07 PM
Tottel Offline

Hmm, downloaded the lastest version (I didn't have the previous one installed anymore), installed and ran it.
It gave me an error: Could not write C:/users/_name_/appdata/roaming/attrx/version.xml

I navigated to that folder, created the attrx folder and ran again. It launched then, but told me there was an update, and I select download. It then crashes after a few seconds: Can't load engine.pak.
05-02-2011 06:10 PM
Seba Offline

I have the same error:
Quote:Could not write C:/users/_name_/appdata/roaming/attrx/version.xml
05-02-2011 06:12 PM
yvanvds Offline

Grr. Always those little mistakes...

Well, I cannot provide an automatic update since it's the updater itself that's looking in the wrong location. If your replace the executable (normally C:\attr-X\attr-x.exe with the exe in this file, all should be ok: http://www.attr-x.net/downloads/patch_2_5.zip

I will also upload a new installer package, but that will take an hour.
05-02-2011 07:16 PM
Tottel Offline

Working like a charm now, thanks. smile

P.S. Groeten uit Belgiƫ. grin
05-02-2011 08:32 PM
yvanvds Offline

Does any of you who tried this out got a 'connection to server lost' message every time they try to login? I got this from my office computer, but that one is behind a firewall. I'd like to hear if more people got this problem, because it would be bad if this is because I run the server from my home computer.
05-03-2011 04:51 PM
Harry Offline

Hi, I want test new version and I choose single player, but I get 'Can't initialize physics' error. PhysX files is in .exe directory...
05-10-2011 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

Thanks for testing. You're the first one with that error. Could you please send me the file "log.txt" in the .exe directory? I don't have any idea what is wrong, but it might help to look at that.
05-11-2011 12:38 PM