About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World Editor - Feature requests
Dynad Offline

RE: World Editor - Feature requests
1: Ok ill make 2 models in Max its not really a problem.

2: Thnx

3: Made screenshot, ill like to add decals after i placed my floor in the scene. Or some cool numbers on the wall e.g Hangar 01. So i dont have to texture it separated but just added as mesh overlay. Just like the tattoo tutorial.

4: Some other thing, i like the feature that if u click twice it selects all of the same object at once... but is it also possible to make it that only the connected to each other gets selected? Now it selects all objects in my entire level which makes this function kinda useless.

5: Got a bug with the skybox.. posted screen so u see what happens. Im using ATI HD 4850.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
02-10-2011 07:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

(02-10-2011 07:36 PM)Dynad Wrote:  1: Ok ill make 2 models in Max its not really a problem.

You know there's a Mirror function in Model Editor, right? You don't have to use Max for that. Just save multiple .mesh files after mirroring.

Mesh > Transform > Mirror X (Shift + X), Mirror Y (Shift + Y), or Mirror Z (Shift + Z)
02-11-2011 02:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

Ah ok thnx ill use that instead smile

02-11-2011 03:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

I've seem that error before. It's caused by some settings in how everything is updated. I don't know how to fix it but when I got this in Counter Strike it was solved by disabling HD and Bloom.
02-11-2011 03:30 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

after double clicking on objects to select of the same type, you can select only few of them using Ctrl+Shift and selection rectangle (logical AND), it's in the docs

do both GFX files in the skybox error actually exist? (-can be loaded in converter?)
does the error occur if only one GFX is supplied? (and not both like on your pic)
02-11-2011 03:51 AM
Dynad Offline

The skybox problem is fixed.. ive converted the textures again..

Still about the overlays.. i want to add decals on my objects.. it would look cool if you can add some nice decals like the screenshot in my earlier post with the floor.... i can add decals on the ground but that works only on horizontal surfaces and the floor objects needs to be embed into terrain.. which is useless to me since we use polygon pathfinding.

With this feature in the WE its alot faster and easier then making for every change a new texture for a specific object.

Can you please add this? I really need this feature right now :(

03-25-2011 07:46 AM
Zervox Offline

I'd thought I would add, you already have the tutorials for mesh overlays on objects eg small and big overlays/decals and the editor itself doesn't support/use object decals splashing/placing, it works for vertical as well Dynad, you have to rotate the decal caster, but yeah it only works on objects in embed to terrain. I agree with Dynad please add support for decal placement on objects in constant and default as well.
03-25-2011 08:08 AM
Driklyn Offline

Can't you just load them through code?

Code:
World.setObjType(decals, OBJ_DECAL);

You might have to manually draw them, but that's no big deal...
03-25-2011 08:14 AM
Truelegend Offline

It will be good if in world editor can set physics for objects. For example if i make a landscape and i set it to physic object. and later i put player on 10 + it will go down...

I hope you understand :]

Sorry for my bad english...

#define public private
#define private public
04-01-2011 06:48 PM