About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Too many snags
dbuman Offline

Too many snags
Man i am so stuck on networking... I cant seem, for the life of me, figure out how to have multiple people in the same game.

I was wondering if anyone had any abandoned projects which had a working multiplayer code.

If anyone is able to supply this, I garuntee royalties to be paid for the use. As soon as it makes profit, you will benefit from it. I am very dedicated to making a game, however I lack the network programming skills to make my projects multiplayer. Please help me in this. I cannot afford the license to get the MMO code so any help would be appreciated.
07-02-2011 03:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dandruff Offline

RE: Too many snags
look into the network tutorials and analyze them, or try out the raknet tutorial http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=1817 - it has working multiplayer.
07-02-2011 03:57 AM
dbuman Offline

Ive tried raknet but i can never get it to compile. It says to unzip it into the same dir as EsenthelSDK but not IN the sdk folder, but when I do, it doesnt load the SDK dependencies nor the data files. Any idea how to resolve that?
07-02-2011 04:01 AM
Dandruff Offline

um, my copy is in EESDK/client/tutorial client.sln. I don't remember having any difficulties getting it to work, other than it being out of date with the current sdk (but now it's more updated). What are the specific errors you get?

You can manually add in the dependencies yourself if for some reason they're not there: project -> project properties -> configuration properties -> linker -> input -> version.lib EsenthelEngine.lib
07-02-2011 04:37 AM
Chris Offline

I just replied in the RakNet tutorial thread http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...5#pid25725 with a good approach to follow - I think you'll be more comfortable with RakNet and better equipped to manage & maintain networking in your game if built from the ground up.
07-02-2011 11:31 PM