About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Windows 8
runewake2 Offline

Windows 8
Has anyone else tried the Developers Copy yet? I don't know what I think about it yet, I hope that the DC is more of the tablet view than the PC view.

If it stays as is, I may have to stay with Windows 7 to preserve my sanity.

If you didn't know you can download the Developers Copy of Windows 8 here: dev.windows.com

My opinion: Microsoft needs to do something radical to revive their product. Mac is on the rise again and Linux is finally something that is more than a terminal. They need to do something cool, instead they are going to kill the windows PC, gaming PC etc. It seems to me like Microsoft is pushing for games on consoles, not Windows... that's too bad.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 01:22 AM by runewake2.)
09-16-2011 12:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Windows 8
Personally I prefer win7, I wouldn't put the stuff from tablets to the PC, at least not as the main interface, but rather optional application.
Fortunately from what I've seen, you still can use win7 like desktop on win8. (I've seen only youtube videos, I haven't installed it on my pc)
09-16-2011 09:31 AM
Tottel Offline

^ I'm glad you cleared that out for us.

(Psst, Esenthel, I think he's a spambot)
10-11-2011 01:10 PM
Driklyn Offline

(10-11-2011 01:10 PM)Tottel Wrote:  (Psst, Esenthel, I think he's a spambot)

lol Haha, seriously? runewake2 is no bot!
10-11-2011 07:15 PM
runewake2 Offline

I might be. You never know.
10-11-2011 08:58 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

hehe, I think Tottel meant a different poster who I have banned and removed his post wink (you can no longer see it)
10-11-2011 09:39 PM
Damian_Dev Offline

I had installed Win8 and i must say is not too bad at all. Yeah Metro UI is not good for Desktop PC. But Win8 is smooth and fast its good because it just like beta.
10-11-2011 09:47 PM
Driklyn Offline

(10-11-2011 08:58 PM)runewake2 Wrote:  I might be. You never know.

grin

(10-11-2011 09:39 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  hehe, I think Tottel meant a different poster who I have banned and removed his post wink (you can no longer see it)

Oh, haha! Yeah, that makes sense.. pfft

----------

Regarding the topic, I downloaded and installed Windows 8 virtually using VMWare Workstation after reading the original post. I've only used it once or twice so I don't have a good enough opinion about it to know if I like it or hate it. I like the idea of a different type of desktop, however. My desktop now goes 95% unused (a background image). Makes sense to make the desktop more useful. I'm not sure if Metro UI is the answer, but I think it looks promising. I've definitely noticed a lag in using Windows 8 virtually. I probably should install it directly on a new partition one day.
10-12-2011 12:11 AM
runewake2 Offline

boo, deleted the tab of the post I was going to publish... My bad.

So here is the last bit: http://trololololololololololo.com/. I think the first bit was about me being the village troll. Though that site does a good job.

Anyway, Metro is cool, but annoying sometimes. I hope that Microsoft lets the fullscreen start menu be disabled. Who knows. I remember Win7's Prerelease was not to great, so this might be interesting.
10-16-2011 06:50 AM