About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[RESOLVED]Inesis custom OBJ_xxxx no actor, when created, unless I reconnect to server
psycode Offline

[RESOLVED]Inesis custom OBJ_xxxx no actor, when created, unless I reconnect to server
Hi,

I am making a custom object similar to doors/trees etc.

I have copied the code & files for obj/Door, it is the Obj/Door/wooden/0.obj
Created my own OBJ_AUTO_DOOR type and added to all the places OBJ_DOOR is located.

Made adjustments to the obj file added to the ObjectList.

When I add my object pressing 7 then selecting my new object from the objlist, it creates a mesh with material.
- No physics and No interaction, there is no actor

I noticed using a breakpoint that (createActor not called) no actor gets created.

When I quit the client and rejoin the server the custom object has an actor (createActor is called) and functions correctly with physics.

So I made adjustments so that my object calls create actor and my object just dissapears after create.

How do I make my own style of door/object that still uses all the area optimisations and other code associated with inesis networked objects. I am currently relying on changed() function in obj to sync with networked clients.

Is it something to do with the Objects::objs, do I have to add to this container before creating the actor, even though the built in objects do not?

Thank you for your help.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 09:41 PM by psycode.)
11-12-2012 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
psycode Offline

RE: Inesis custom OBJ_xxxx no actor, when created, unless I reconnect to server
Ok I realise what is going on now, I am creating the actor on the client.

Then 20ms later the server says that there is no object / actor at that position in this area, so it clears the object and it disappears.

I will investigate further.
FIXED

The server headers had a file missing, but did not throw any errors/asserts/breaks during the casts to my new object type. It just continued and decided not to create the object on the server.

Phew!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 09:42 PM by psycode.)
11-12-2012 08:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply