About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Poll: How much you'd be willing to pay for full source of Esenthel with Editor 1.0 (Ultimate license)
At this moment I don't have that kind of money
750$
1,000$
1,500$
2,000$
3,000$
5,000$
10,000$
more
[Show Results]

How much you'd be willing to pay for full source of Esenthel with Editor 1.0
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

How much you'd be willing to pay for full source of Esenthel with Editor 1.0
Please let me know, thanks
(this is a question about the Ultimate License)
11-20-2012 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlackHornet Offline

RE: How much you'd be willing to pay for full source of Esenthel with Editor 1.0
Oh damn, that is really a difficult question to answer. As a programmer myself I can imagine the workload you put into the project. In that case and compared with other engines: The only answer should be: more!

And due to my personal financial situation I can't exactly tell you a price, as I couldn't afford the 100$ for EE2.0 atm :/
11-20-2012 10:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlackHornet Offline

RE: How much you'd be willing to pay for full source of Esenthel with Editor 1.0
So many votes and no additional comment...this distorts and actual votes and doesn't show an authentic view, who know the voters and their intentions smile

But I assume your decision will fit your situation the best!
11-23-2012 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The poll results are really helpful to me, thank you
11-23-2012 12:32 PM
PsychoBoy Offline

Keep in mind that selling full sources is a bit dangerous. Consider situation when some guy bought full EE sources and he had infected PC by some malware. So hacker could steal these sources and publish it on torrents
11-23-2012 07:16 PM
BlackHornet Offline

that isn't a big issue at all, as other engine are sold full sourced too (unreal, cryengine, source, whatever)...and leaked ... the engine just have to rely on some licencing file to run any application compiled with
11-23-2012 07:19 PM
Zervox Offline

Infected computers sharing source code is much less an issue than people who has licenses sharing themselves. Most source code for engines are shared willingly by people who has obtained them through legal means or indirectly through a bigger company who holds a license and the developers who has access to the source.
11-23-2012 07:44 PM
Rubeus Offline

I would like to see the full source available for free under the same rules as the standard edition. IMO, I think the only part of the ulitimate that would be worth paying for is the unlimited licensing.

In fact, I really like the way the store is being set up now, with the different 'parts' for available. Why not just have all the source available on the store(separate from licensing) in small sections like the the game objects C++? That way, as people find they would like to access some of the source, they can buy the individual source files they need(or maybe all of them as a package deal). Then possibly have the ultimate option available as licensing only.

My two cents.
11-23-2012 08:22 PM
Fex Offline
Gold Supporter

I have the money, but having the source would cause me more problems at this point, last thing I want is to have a tweaked EE that causes all sorts of issues in the future when it comes time to merge things I have changed with things Greg has changed.

So even if it were free I probably would stick with the binaries. But I approve of other people spending time improving the engine and submitting patches to Greg smile
11-23-2012 08:52 PM