About Store Forum Documentation Contact

MMORPG help
ChrisFent Offline

MMORPG help
Hey im new to esenthel but i have used other programs before but esenthel is a basic of what im looking for. But im in need of help. I like the whole thing but i want to make an mmorpg where you can create characters and choose classes like Shaiya or WOW. Also i want to be able to level up
once killing enough and doing quests also being able to upgrade stats.
Aswell as fighting with dameg popups. As you can see... I need alot i was wondering if people can allow you to download scripts or if there is a better engine.
I have already tried realm crafter its a peace of crap...
11-25-2012 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

RE: MMORPG help
Esenthel is the best indie engine out there. Unity comes in second place. Why? I'll tell you why. Unity uses C#. Though it's easier to learn, and you can get the same results with less lines of code, it truely isnt a good language for a game that needs speed. You could take the same size world, with the same models and number of characters and run them in both Esenthel and Unity. And I'll bet Unity will run 10 frames per second slower than Esenthel just because Unity uses C#. Another reason why Esenthel is better it gives you the same features for 100 dollars as the Unity Pro does for 1500 dollars. The only way that Unity beats Esenthel is if, and only if you plan on making your game for Xbox 360. Esenthel is not cross platformed for Consoles yet. If you need help with Coding all you have to do is open you EsenthelEngineSDK folder, click on Tutorials folder. Open a cpp file in your Esenthel Code editor or your Microsoft Visual Studio. Microsoft Visual Studio is easier to work with. Click on the Source folder for Advanced Cpp Tutorials. the Cpp files are the tutorials themselves. Also for more help, buy the RPG2 source code from the shop. It's worth it. If you dont know how to code in C Plus Plus and you don't feel like you can learn it. you might be able to team up with someone on here if you ask around. Be sure to post screen shots of some of your models, if you are a 3d modelling artist. Also, remember all the great games that you play are made by a team of people, so to make an awesome game, you should at least find a few people to work with. Good Luck
11-26-2012 01:36 AM
dylantan Offline

Like what Shatterstar mentioned, there are sample code and tutorial that you could use to speed up your learning progress. However imho, I think you should start something simpler like making a simple RPG or download (need to be purchase) the sample source code to get you started, such as Esenthel RPG 2 (Source Code), or the Esenthel MMO (Source Code) from the download page at http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store which you can use it to slowly build your game. Good luck.
11-26-2012 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

(11-25-2012 11:06 PM)ChrisFent Wrote:  Hey im new to esenthel but i have used other programs before but esenthel is a basic of what im looking for. But im in need of help. I like the whole thing but i want to make an mmorpg where you can create characters and choose classes like Shaiya or WOW. Also i want to be able to level up
once killing enough and doing quests also being able to upgrade stats.
Aswell as fighting with dameg popups.
I can't think of a single engine which doesn't allow these things, they are practically the thing you can see in almost any single player role playing games.

(11-25-2012 11:06 PM)ChrisFent Wrote:  I need alot i was wondering if people can allow you to download scripts
The thing you need the most is time, not sure what you mean by the above question.
If you are asking if someone has developed the code for you to download, you're better off downloading the source from Ryzom, Planeshift or some other open source MMO's and learn from them.

(11-25-2012 11:06 PM)ChrisFent Wrote:  or if there is a better engine.
in this case I doubt the engine is the limitation of your project to be honest.
11-26-2012 08:52 AM