About Store Forum Documentation Contact

EE 2.0 - Waypoint Positioning & Getting
Scarlet Thread Offline

EE 2.0 - Waypoint Positioning & Getting
Hi,

Having some issues with waypoints. Here they are:

1. In the editor I see a waypoint has a UID. I want to place this UID in an object's parameters. However, at the moment there is only the option to copy the UID to clipboard. The element type parameter does not allow copy paste X|, only drag drop. Would it be possible to either allow drag drop of the waypoints UID into object params type Element... or allow copy paste into object params type Element.

2. I need more accuracy with positioning waypoints. The editor only allows movement visually. However, It would be nice to be able to position a waypoint by exact coordinates, just like you can with objects.

3. I see you can also get waypoints by Str name instead of UID. I tried this but it didn't work. The editor says the name of the waypoint is "Waypoint 1" so putting this in a parameter of an object and then trying to find the waypoints by name "Waypoint 1". However, it just returned NULL. Am I doing something wrong here?

In the mean time I have had to hard code the UID of the waypoints in my object just to test if my idea works. It works great.. Problem is I can't just have every one of those objects using the same waypoints.

Thanks for your time.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 03:56 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
03-09-2013 03:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: EE 2.0 - Waypoint Positioning & Getting
Thanks for the feedback smile

1) I'll add this for the next release

2) Just finished making this, will be in next release

3) the name needs to be hash coded using EncodeFileName(UID()) so you still need the ID, for the moment there's no option to find waypoints by their name on the game side, ID must be used, however after I add 1) that should be enough
03-09-2013 06:38 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1) just finished, will be in next release:

after manually typing waypoint's ID "UID(3951950888, 1168392102, 313225636, 1581060838)" into ID parameter type, after refresh it will display:

Internally it's stored as UID and you can use Param.asID() to get that ID (the extra text is just helper info in the editor)

It will show you both waypoint's ID and to which world it belongs to.

The same will work when typing some world object ID (you can copy ID of an world object from the object menu on the top of the screen)
03-09-2013 07:14 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Awesome. Thanks so much! Great news.

Now look here!
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 02:16 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
03-10-2013 02:04 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks, I appreciate it, it really helps to promote the engine smile
03-10-2013 04:09 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Thanks again for these fixes. I just tested them in the latest build. Works like a charm XD. Also thanks heaps for fixing the character controller sliding issue... it's so much more pleasant to play my game now without the jittery controller.
03-15-2013 03:05 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You're very much welcome! smile
03-15-2013 04:26 PM