About Store Forum Documentation Contact

loopix plants
yvanvds Offline

loopix plants
Hello again.

I recently found a large collection of free low poly plants at www.loopix-project.com. After importing them all, tweaking materials, setting up objects at several scalings, making brush lists etc. etc. I realized that all those little steps were still a lot of work for such a big collection.

So i mailed the author and asked if it was ok to redistribute the esenthel versions of his models on my website. I just got the permission and have added a download to my site.

The models are mostly very low poly, and obviously a bit older. But they're great for filling up a scene with lots and lots of plants without a noticable performance impact. Most of them do not include a physics model. I only created one for the trees because the others are quite narrow or small. I've included a few billboards when i saw the need for it, but since I didn't use all parts of the collection in my gameworld just yet, there are quite a few models that still need tweaking (particulary the weeds and woodlands folders.)

If any of you has any ideas how we could improve this collection, please let us start a discussion here. I think this might be a useful model collection for many users, so let's make it better!

Download is here: http://attr-x.net/downloads/loopix_plants.7z

The original author's license is included and still valid for these altered models.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 12:15 PM by yvanvds.)
03-15-2013 12:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: loopix plants
Thanks for your efforts I'm sure many will appreciate itsmile
03-15-2013 12:29 PM
Ozmodian Offline

Thanks Yvanvds. I downloaded all those models when you first posted them but have not gotten to importing them yet. Very helpful to have them already set to EE format. Thanks for sharing!
03-15-2013 03:50 PM
rstralberg Offline

Thanks for taking the time to convert those grin

My Blog is at http://mrstralberg.blogspot.se.
Chat account Skype (rstralberg)
03-15-2013 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply