About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Behavior / AI middleware MASA LIFE
masalife Offline

Behavior / AI middleware MASA LIFE
Dear Esenthel community and AI enthusiasts,

Before we start, let us make it clear that we though believe this is the correct place for this section/thread, we may be mistaken. Apologies if this is the case.

This thread is intended for developers and designers who face the challenging task of creating and modeling artificial intelligence re. behavior.
Whether you are working on a lively environment populated with numerous inhabitants/NPCs, each with simple but diverse behaviors, or you have few NPCs, whose behavior is both convincing and complex, we believe MASA LIFE would be an excellent choice.

Indeed we just released MASA LIFE v1.5, whose features include:
  • Rapid prototype behaviors/AI.
  • Visual modeling of reusable behaviors empowering designers with intuitive graphical editors (Behavior Trees, Navigation, Knowledge,...).
  • Graphical (remote) debugging & inspection.
  • Sparking life: integrate with our cross-platform SDK and deploy easily with a single-click of a button.
  • Extensive getting-started experience and documentation.

If you are interested in evaluating MASA LIFE please feel free to request a trial version at http://www.masagroup.net/products/masa-l...masa-life/.

Further to this we suggest you take a look at the following resources:
If you have the slightest problem downloading, installing, or using MASA LIFE, please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions and remarks, as your opinions and feedback are vitally important to us.

Best Frank
04-29-2014 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Behavior / AI middleware MASA LIFE
Hi Frank, good to see you here!

As a user of Frank's previous AI Engine EKI One I can vouch for Frank and his teams capability when it comes to making AI Tools. For anyone wanting great tools to design and test NPC behaviour I'd recommend taking a look at his products.

A quick question Frank, what Operating Systems/platforms will the Masa Life AI engine run on?
04-29-2014 03:36 PM
masalife Offline

Hi Pixel Perfect,

thank you very much for these kind words and the compliments.
Regarding your question:

MASA LIFE toolset and runtime currently runs on WinX (32/64bit) systems.
The runtime is also available for Linux (debian dist) and finally we are working on Mac and iOS ports right now. We plan to release the Mac version in late summer (3rd Quarter of 2014).
Actually we already showed a prototype of iOS last year.

Thx again - best Frank
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 05:29 PM by masalife.)
04-29-2014 04:20 PM
DoerrSt Offline

Hi,

according to the descrition it looks like the integration is only for Unity3D and an SDK is not included.
Can this version work together with the Esenthel Engine? Looks like the "old" product could but here it really sounds limited to Unity.

Thanks!
04-29-2014 09:44 PM
masalife Offline

(04-29-2014 09:44 PM)DoerrSt Wrote:  Hi,

according to the descrition it looks like the integration is only for Unity3D and an SDK is not included.
Can this version work together with the Esenthel Engine? Looks like the "old" product could but here it really sounds limited to Unity.

Thanks!

Thank you for your remark. I think the description is not the best yet.
But there is a normal SDK version in C/C++.
Additionally there is a Unity Plugin as well as an VBS one.
You will see on our download page after you requested the version via the provided URI.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 09:49 PM by masalife.)
04-29-2014 09:48 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi and thank you for your post, I've moved it to another thread.
I'd like to keep the Showcase mainly for EE based products.
I wish you good luck with your software.
04-30-2014 05:15 AM
Zervox Offline

(04-29-2014 09:48 PM)masalife Wrote:  Thank you for your remark. I think the description is not the best yet.
But there is a normal SDK version in C/C++.
Additionally there is a Unity Plugin as well as an VBS one.
You will see on our download page after you requested the version via the provided URI.

If I am not mistaken, I think DoerrSt was referring to the product description webstore.
http://shop.masagroup.net, which says
Title:"MASA LIFE for Unity Windows"
Bottom: "Important: This product runs only on Microsoft Windows operating systems. Furthermore it contains a pre-integration interface for the game engine Unity3d and it does not contain an SDK."
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 07:52 PM by Zervox.)
04-30-2014 07:52 PM
masalife Offline

(04-30-2014 07:52 PM)Zervox Wrote:  If I am not mistaken, I think DoerrSt was referring to the product description webstore.
http://shop.masagroup.net, which says
Title:"MASA LIFE for Unity Windows"
Bottom: "Important: This product runs only on Microsoft Windows operating systems. Furthermore it contains a pre-integration interface for the game engine Unity3d and it does not contain an SDK."

Thank you Zervox for this feedback and the clarification. I think you are right and the current state is not that optimal right now. I will try to update this with my team within the next weeks.
The reason why there is only the UnityWindows only version is quite simple. We have only introduced this version at our E-commerce solution re. shop yet.
If you are intersted in more information about the SDK features I would refer you to the documentation, which you could access after you were granted for the evaluation version.
04-30-2014 08:03 PM
masalife Offline

Dear community,

we just released our brand new website.

Look, feel, download, and enjoy here: http://www.masalife.net.

Best Frank
10-21-2014 01:20 PM