About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Asset sync problem - assets lost?
Biga Offline

Asset sync problem - assets lost?
tried syncing our assets, after it I lost some of my assets.
it result to a weird state, I can build/run my exe with my old assets, but I cant see/edit them in asset editor.
even more weird, that before sync I made a backup of my project, but restoring it didnt help. seems I permanently lost my asset names (though the content seems here and found by engine....)

note for image: fold renamed to World, 02 - Default renamed to Colormap and resetted, though in source both seems active
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 05:44 PM by Biga.)
06-03-2014 05:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgatos7 Offline

RE: Asset sync problem - assets lost?
How did you lost your assets? Was it during the syncing? If it's that the case then i don't have any experience with it.

But one silly question. Have you tried pressing the Recycle Bin Icon on the left of the OBJECT and CODE Tabs?
If it's not a case of having duplicated and deleted assets that you're still accessing through code then i don't know what it is. I'm still a newb so..
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 05:53 PM by georgatos7.)
06-03-2014 05:52 PM
Biga Offline

Yeah I see them in Trashcan with grey, so I can restore, but sth wrong happened at sync, as I got back some old version.
06-03-2014 06:55 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Please verify that other team members have correct date-time-timezone on their computers.
Perhaps they've modified the old assets after you've imported new assets, which made their timestamps newer?
If you see different names then it's possible they're referencing different assets (those from the trashcan).
06-03-2014 11:39 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The syncing will not fail, but the timestamps will be incorrect.
However the Editor operates on UTC timezone, so you can work with developers in other time zones, without problems, as long as they have correct time.
06-04-2014 04:27 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Please read this chapter:
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=doc#Collabor...evelopment
"How Synchronization Works"
06-04-2014 05:20 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

The computers need to be set to the correct time in their local time, just like you would normally have. It doesn't need to be precise to the second, but the bigger difference you will have between your computer date and the correct date, then it would make them appear as they're from the future or from the past.
06-04-2014 11:45 PM