About Store Forum Documentation Contact

BYR Tree Generator
Pherael Offline

RE: BYR Tree Generator
Actually I wanted add it to Esenthel Store a while ago. But there is always something to fix, something to add, something to upgrade pfft I'm thinking to make some more test, add few little things and release commercial beta version very soon, since I don't think I'll be able to make stable version 1.0 in near future.
09-28-2014 07:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Always difficult to know where to stop with projects like this as it's always possible to keep adding and improving on the functionality as well as improving stability. Extra functionality shouldn't be a reason for holding back an initial release as that can always be added to later releases but stability is important.

Either way, happy to wait till you feel you have something you're happy to sell. Thanks for the reply smile
09-28-2014 09:12 AM
Dante190884 Offline

I download and test the application. Brilliant stuff. But i wish to choice between low, mediem and high resolution (textures) and vertexes (mesh)..
10-06-2014 07:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pherael Offline

Thank you for your support. About your ask, you can already manipulate number of vertex by changing param "Segments" for trunks and branches separately. If you thinking of changing quality of already generated tree, you have to wait a little, since this is still under developing, but it definitely show up sometime in the future. About texture, not sure, what you mean, since quality of texture depends on image resolution you upload to program. So there should be no problem with creating texture with low, medium or high resolution.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 09:09 PM by Pherael.)
10-06-2014 09:06 PM
Pherael Offline

I decided to put this project to Store:
http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=125

This is almost the same version as in demo above. I have also my other project, and I realise it still could take me some time before I'll finish version 1.0. But as the main functionality is working, maybe there are peoples who find it usefull. You can call it Early Access.

There is list of things that are in development and should be added in (near) future:
- Displacement map for trunk (not tessellation), so you could get effect like on screen:

- Hiding and showing tree elements for generated tree.
- Adding and Removing branches for generated tree.
- Capture Image of tree, so it could be used as icon or in 2D games.
- Camera Tool, Storage Tool, other small tools.
- Program Properties, Video options and more customisation.
- Undo.
- More editing Tools.
- Roots.
10-22-2014 08:51 AM
rstralberg Offline

Great smile
I assume you mean DAE in this text?
"In program you'll able to export mesh to OBJ, DEA and directly to Esenthel .... "
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 09:08 AM by rstralberg.)
10-22-2014 09:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pherael Offline

Oh, stupid me. I made the same mistake in program -_-. Thank you, for noticing.
10-22-2014 09:16 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Just purchased. Thanks for making this available, it's a really useful tool smile

I look forward to any improvements in the future but appreciate your working on games too so that may be some time off. To be honest it appears to be very usable as it is now. Hope people support all the hard work you've put into this and you get plenty of sales!
10-22-2014 08:21 PM
Pherael Offline

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I'm going to take some time this week and focus on this this project only, so you should expect some updates very soon.
10-22-2014 08:31 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

You're welcome. Great to hear there might be some updates soon too, although I suspect it's going to take me a while to get to grips with what you have already provided wink I like the displacement map you illustrated though, that would be a nice addition at some point.

Just a quick question. You haven't provided any templates or textures in the full version. Are we able to use the textures from the demo version royalty free in our games or are they owned by someone else?
10-22-2014 11:34 PM
Pherael Offline

Most of textures are from CGTextures, so you can obtain them very easly for free from http://www.cgtextures.com/. They licence don't allow to bundle the images with software, but you can use them in commercial game without problem.

Also, you can use these texture pack, I think you find them useful:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2UJDG_6...MzMEE/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2UJDG_6...RkQ1k/edit
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 09:30 AM by Pherael.)
10-23-2014 08:04 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Thanks for the info and the additional links. Most appreciated!
10-23-2014 09:15 AM
Pherael Offline

Updated version upload to store (Esenthel have to approves the changes)

Changes in version 0.7.2
- Fixed few small bugs
- Added Displacement Maps, so more complex trunks structure can be created
Two sample displacement maps added in download section in store.
- Added Tree Properties window where you can see Tree Structure
- Hiding and Showing tree elements (also fast hiding all leaves, branches or subbranches) in Tree Properties Window
Hiding subbranches for tree in distance can improve performance a lot in some cases (please compare Tris Number on image below)

- Added Snap Photo tool

http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=125
10-23-2014 01:33 PM
Marbasoft Offline

wow great tool, just some typing errors I can see on the screenshot (Tamplate -> Template, Trinagles -> Triangles, Proporties->Properties)

I think i'll buy it as soon as i can smile
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 02:20 PM by Marbasoft.)
10-23-2014 02:19 PM
Pherael Offline

Thanks for noticing, I'll fix all typos ^^
10-23-2014 02:29 PM