About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Surfing Simulation Project
georgatos7 Offline

RE: Surfing Simulation Project
Awesome blog 3DRaddict, will be interesting read for sure. I see you are going for a very detailed look of the waves indeed at least more detailed than what i thought and seen on other blogs until now so i doubt any of those methods could be of help to you, well again good luck with the project man.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 12:54 PM by georgatos7.)
01-12-2015 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

'Warrior' is enjoying his new environment, and is currently contemplating whether to grab his surfboard and take a paddle...

I do tend to jump around between my projects. If I don't do that and concentrate too long on one project then I forget all the stuff I was doing on the other projects! grin
02-17-2015 05:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Can't wait to see him actually ride the waves!

Nice looking beach too smile
02-17-2015 06:48 PM
3DRaddict Offline

Same here... but, unfortunately, at this time of the year the surf is just not up.
A decent rideable wave is still in the manufacturing process. wink
02-17-2015 08:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

The winter swell has arrived, bringing with it the surfable waves.
The only problem is that there is nobody to ride them!
Now the real tricky work starts.... wave detail at close range, particles, surfboard mechanics, surfboard/wave interaction, surfer character building, surfer animations.

Ah well... a little at a time, I say smile

02-21-2015 02:58 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(02-21-2015 02:58 PM)3DRaddict Wrote:  ...
Now the real tricky work starts.... wave detail at close range, particles, surfboard mechanics, surfboard/wave interaction, surfer character building, surfer animations.

Sounds tricky, but if anyone's going to crack it ... you're the man!
Keep these teasers coming smile
02-21-2015 04:07 PM
3DRaddict Offline

Thanks, Pixel
A little encouragement always helps one's motivation.
02-21-2015 05:30 PM
Jben Offline

Nice! you are very talented
02-22-2015 09:53 AM
3DRaddict Offline

Thank you, lindsay.
But I'm honestly no different from all of you...I've seen some amazing stuff on this forum. We all have our own little individual specialities.
02-22-2015 12:28 PM
3DRaddict Offline

Been experimenting with improving the visual quality of the surfing wave.
Playing around with coloring, scrolling texture and foam particles.
All suggestions are welcome, as I'm pretty new to all this artistic stuff wink

02-26-2015 05:14 PM
para Offline

(02-26-2015 05:14 PM)3DRaddict Wrote:  Been experimenting with improving the visual quality of the surfing wave.
Playing around with coloring, scrolling texture and foam particles.
All suggestions are welcome, as I'm pretty new to all this artistic stuff wink

Good progress so far! Try using something more noisy and less soft for foam and splash particles..

for eg. I just grabbed the default clouds texture for blood in water particles as I was making the video below (was in a hurry) ... which I made partly to try and 'poke fun' at the little story you created with the warrior guy. smile (please don't be offended)

^- DISCLAIMER !!! ( please don't confuse this video for OP's project, it's just as a gag, and maybe to throw a bone wink
03-05-2015 04:52 AM
3DRaddict Offline

Hi para

That was really great ... you nearly had me falling off my chair with laughter , especially the water pollution part!! lol

Those underwater scenes have given me further inspiration for this project.
An onlooker is only aware of what happens on the surface and not what goes on underneath when a surfer gets "wiped out"

Yes, I've still got quite a bit of work to do with foam creation, as that plays a major part in breaking waves. Thanks for that hint.

Quote:(please don't be offended)

Not at all... just the opposite!
03-05-2015 05:39 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Haha the video is so funny smile I guess it took much effort to do. Congrats, both 3DRaddict on your project, and para on the funny video smile
03-05-2015 07:51 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

What can I say ... absolutely brilliant!!! grin Great to see someone's work inspire someone else's in this way.
03-05-2015 09:05 AM
georgatos7 Offline

LoL Awesome, this was really funny, also poor guy, he is eaten by all sorts of small fish.

Moral of the story, stay at your booze!
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 11:36 PM by georgatos7.)
03-05-2015 10:24 PM