About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Surfing Simulation Project
3DRaddict Offline

RE: Surfing Simulation Project
I've moved onto the surfboard-testing phase of this project, and I'm pretty excited by how its proceeding. The board is 'radio-controlled' and riderless. I've held the wave stationary to gain testing time and to avoid getting swamped. At this initial stage, I'm just testing straightforward control of the surfboard, with only vertical movement up and down the wave face. No horizontal traversal yet.

Here's a video showing some of the testing:

03-18-2015 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Very cool ... you're making great progress smile
03-18-2015 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

'Take 100' of wave traversal and.... ACTION!

The surfboard is still riderless, but some dude who calls himself "The Wave Warrier" wink has been pestering me to be the first volunteer.
Well. he might have long wait!
03-28-2015 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

Please could someone give me some hints on improving the wake of my surfboard. My experience in using particles is rather limited, and I'm not entirely happy with the wake at the moment. It is coming out in a series of puffballs instead of a nice flowing stream. The size of the wake should also be dependent on the speed of the surfboard. Also, on making a turn, the volume of the particles should increase and spray out in the upward direction.
03-29-2015 09:21 AM
3DRaddict Offline

Here's a short clip of me and my buddies showing off on our favourite beach:

Let me introduce ourselves:
EE_Warrior - a bodybuilder who lives in a fantasy world of fighting dragons and rescuing fair maidens in distress. However, he is keen to acquire new skills in the form of wave surfing.
WaveWarrior - the brother of EE_Warrior, also a bodybuilder, but lives in the real world of big wave riding.
3DRaddict - an old pro-surfer who has a passion for 3D graphics when he is not surfing. He's hoping to get EE_warrior up to par with his brother, WaveWarrior, in the surfing arena.

lol pfft
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 08:31 AM by 3DRaddict.)
04-21-2015 12:52 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Haha ... great work! Looks like the animation is coming along nicely grin

A few ladies on the beach and some kids kicking a ball around and that scene would really come to life wink

Can't wait for 'Surf's up' smile
04-21-2015 11:06 PM
3DRaddict Offline

Quote:A few ladies on the beach and some kids kicking a ball around and that scene would really come to life

This is a secret and private surfspot, only beknown to the three adventurers. wink
04-22-2015 06:23 AM
georgatos7 Offline

(04-21-2015 11:06 PM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  ...A few ladies on the beach and some kids kicking a ball around and that scene would really come to life wink...

Adding the ladies to bring more life to the scene is a nice idea, i'm not sure about the kids though with what i got in mind...
04-23-2015 04:52 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(04-23-2015 04:52 PM)georgatos7 Wrote:  Adding the ladies to bring more life to the scene is a nice idea, i'm not sure about the kids though with what i got in mind...

I think you'll find the kids come after what you have in mind if you're not careful grin
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 05:25 PM by Pixel Perfect.)
04-23-2015 05:25 PM
3DRaddict Offline

A perfect 60 footer... recently off SW Australia.

My wave simulation target for this year:
[Image: Perfect60footer1.JPG]

And WaveWarrior's dream: grin
[Image: Perfect60footer2.JPG]
06-29-2015 08:04 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Awesome pictures smile
06-29-2015 11:04 AM
georgatos7 Offline

The second one is actually very scary.
06-30-2015 11:34 AM