About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Inesis Online errors
zeph2 Offline

Inesis Online errors
Today I repurchased the monthly, and I reinstalled EE to the D drive, and copied, and paste the files from the projects directory from C to D drive.. When I attempted to compile n run the server for Inisis Im getting alot of errors that I was not receiving on C drive..

They all are saying the same thing for diff files..
Error C2039 data full: is not a member of EE:connection

Any idea on these errors, and why it will not compile n run.. The last time I used this on C drive it worked before My monthly ran out.. I also put in the Key when I reinstalled EE to the D drive..

I restarted EE and it works fine disregard thanks..
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 03:39 PM by zeph2.)
12-14-2014 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Inesis Online errors
Hello,

You need to make sure you're using latest engine version and latest version of ineisis source from the store. The errors were due to one being older and other one being newer, and to some name/api changes introduced lately.
12-14-2014 10:30 PM
zeph2 Offline

Yea I figured out that I clicked on the wrong icon for the one on C drive so its not working with the new install on D drive that I did downloaded from the store to reinstall.. So how do I get ineisis working on the new store one if it doesnt accept the code from 2 months ago..

error C2039 pixelFI :is not a member of EE:Image
error2039 datafull: is not a member of EE:Connection
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 11:05 PM by zeph2.)
12-14-2014 10:59 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

Can you make sure you have the latest engine version, and latest ineisis online from Esenthel Store?

If you wish to manually perform the update, please follow the name changes:
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=1617
12-14-2014 11:28 PM
zeph2 Offline

I downloaded it from the store last night after signing in. In the installed new version which was downloaded from the store... It states under system information as follows:
Other then this information I dont see a version number..
Esenthel Editor
Engine Build:35, Editor Build:25, Network Protocol 5

The Problem seems to be that no one updated the source to the Inesis Project in the tutorials to use heightmaps..

So how do I change Image.pixelFI -> pixelFLinear to get the heightmaps to work like it did previously in the tutorial?
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014 11:42 PM by zeph2.)
12-14-2014 11:37 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

I've just downloaded latest "Ineisis Online.EsenthelProject" file from Esenthel Store, and it compiles successfully.
You can try clearing your browser cache, or try using Esenthel Store download option from Esenthel Editor.
12-14-2014 11:48 PM
zeph2 Offline

Ok I redownloaded latest "Ineisis Online.EsenthelProject" file from Esenthel Store, and it does not compile successfully.. Im receiving the same errors.. I downloaded if from within EE in the menu..

Keep in mind when Im using the Inesis code I made some changes according to the Tutorial on adding custom heightmaps.. The only changes I see since I last used the engine back in October 2014 is via your link to Image.pixelFI -> pixelFLinear.... The Error is in reference to pixelFI on this line and Im lost as to where or what to change to get it to work as it was working in a previous version: data.heightmap.setHeight(hx, hy, (the_area.data().height.pixelFI(hx, hy)+128));

//// world add my height map
///////////////////////
void LoadEditorWorld(C UID &world_id)
{
Net.World &world = *Net.Worlds(world_id);
//Game.ObjMemx<CustomStatic> Items;
Game.World.mode(Game.WORLD_MANUAL);
Game.World.New(EditorWorld);
//Game.World.setObjType(Items, OBJ_STATIC)
//.New(APEWorldID);
int areas=Areas+1;
for(int x=-areas; x<areas; x++)
for(int y=-areas; y<areas; y++)
{
VecI2 a(x, y);
Memc<Game.WorldManager.AreaState> areastates;
areastates.New().set(a, Game.AREA_LOAD);
Game.World.areaSetState(areastates, true);
Game.Area *the_area = Game.World.areaLoaded(a);
Area *data= GetArea(world, VecI2(x, y));
Image &temp_image = the_area.getData().height;
//Image &temp_image2 =the_area.getData().material_map;
RectI ah= RectI(VecI2(0, 0), VecI2(HmRes+1, HmRes+1));
for( int hy=ah.min.y; hy<=ah.max.y; hy++)
for( int hx=ah.min.x; hx<=ah.max.x; hx++)
{
data.heightmap.setHeight(hx, hy, (the_area.data().height.pixelFI(hx, hy)+128));
//data.heightmap.setMaterial(hx, hy, (the_area.getData().materials[temp_image2.pixel(hx, hy)]));
}

}
Game.World.del();

}
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 12:10 AM by zeph2.)
12-14-2014 11:57 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

To update your own code, you need to look here:
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=1617
12-15-2014 12:10 AM
zeph2 Offline

OK can You explain what Image.pixelFI -> pixelFLinear means and where it points to in the source so I have some idea what to edit to make it fit.. I dont even know why it was changed or for what reasons, and from what to what..

EE Engine supports heightmap terrain.. The source thats sold on the website for Inesis does not support heightmap terrain out the box without using a tutorial code in order to get this to use the EE feature..

While I appreciate Your help on this, and Your patience since Im new.. I also appreciate the updates to the Engine, and Your hard work on developing it.. I think its an amazing engine.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2014 06:54 AM by zeph2.)
12-15-2014 12:18 AM
Rubeus Offline

Image.pixelFI -> pixelFLinear
Means that instead of using
myimage->pixelFl
you need to use
myimage->pixelFLinear
If there is no argument list in the "Name Changes" section, it will almost always just require a direct replacement of the function/variable/class name with no change to the way it's used.
You can just click on the error and it should take you to the applicable line in the editor to make the change.
12-15-2014 06:32 AM
zeph2 Offline

Ty for explaining.. I didnt know that the arrow ment change from to change to.. Lol Thanks.. I was making the changes thing were going well then I got a bunch of new errors. So I tried something else, and Im leaving a note here as to how I fixed this in case someone else comes across this issue..

I reinstalled EE, then downloaded the Inesis code, and patched that, and did a compile, and it worked..
Then I went back n added everything from the tutorial and did the changes to Image.pixelFI -> pixelFLinear, compiled, and the project ran fine..

So Im right back at where I left off 2 months ago with a distorted heightmap with gaps in the terrain cuz they are too high.. Now I need to figure out why it doesnt look like it does in the EE editor or on a normal compile without Inesis...

Thanks again...
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 03:28 PM by zeph2.)
12-15-2014 03:24 PM