Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Manufactura K4
Updated first post!

We now have 3 packs available:
-MOBA and Tower Defense
-Tropical Nature Pack
-Military Pack

All of them include *.EsenthelProject ready to use out of the box in latest EE, and FBX source files.

Enjoy! smile
03-01-2015 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

I don't want to be annoying here, but would it be possible to get some more packs? These don't particularly interest me, but the Medieval Packs and the normal Nature Pack do. pfft

( EDIT: Post-Apocalyptic pack is also very cool.. Actually, they are all so cool. Can we be as blessed as the Unity Store and have them all? grin )

That being said, they all look amazing. I think these are the highest quality assets that we are able to buy anywhere.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:45 AM by Tottel.)
03-05-2015 10:34 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You ask and you shall receive grin

There are new packs available:
-Nature Pack http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=137
-Top-Down Graveyard http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=138

Screens available in the first post!

As for other packs, it all really depends if Manufactura K4 finds the time to send me them for upload.

I'm sure that he would be more motivated if current packs will be selling well on Esenthel Store smile
I'll email him anyway, but perhaps, please let me know first (all those interested), which packs do you want to buy that are not yet on EE Store?
03-06-2015 12:00 AM
Tottel Offline

@Esenthel: Thank you so much! grin I will buy the Nature Pack.

Other packs that interest me:
- Medieval packs
- Post-apocalyptic pack

Though if I'm honest: It's unlikely that I'll buy those other packs in the near future. The subject really interests me, but I have no direct use for them right now. Some day though, some day. pfft
03-06-2015 07:55 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Many thanks for providing the Nature Pack as previously requested. Now purchased smile
03-08-2015 01:23 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Enjoy! grin
03-08-2015 01:28 AM
Tottel Offline

Hey there fellas,

Just wanted to show what the Nature Pack looks like inside Esenthel, after only about an hour of work.

[Image: DBEuvkP.jpg]

Great quality assets. smile

Also, Esenthel, all assets are set to be of terrain class. Is this intended?
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 08:07 AM by Tottel.)
03-08-2015 01:53 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Very nice TOTTEL smile

I'm looking forward to using these assets myself in the near future once I've got my latest animation functionality sorted and my pipeline finalised.

Given unlimited finances I'd buy all his assets they look so good ... but I'm not in that position!
03-08-2015 05:50 PM
Tottel Offline

First of all, let me say that Imgur has horribly compressed the image quality. smile

For the performance: I am on a laptop with
- CPU: i5 M520 (2.4GHz)
- RAM: 4.0GB
- GPU: ATI FirePro M7820 (1GB VRAM)

and get about 15 FPS

The scene you see is part of a very big (15 * 15 areas) world with default settings. For this screenshot, I reduced the DrawRange to 200, the rest is hidden in fog anyway. There is also a huge lake surrounding the area.
It doesn't really show that well in the foreground of the picture, but the ground is covered with grass, bushes and ferns.
I only placed objects around the area of this screenshot. The rest of the world is empty.

The shadow map size is set to 2048 and all other shadow settings are maxed out. Grass range is set to 80.

I'm not too unhappy about the FPS, since it's an old (but still ok) laptop. I think I would like to make some sort of benchmarking scene out of this, just like the sci-fi demo from Esenthel since I would like to know the performance on other people's PCs. I would love to make a game with scenes like this, but I don't know on how many PCs this would run well (including dedicating parts of the performance to Game/AI/UI code smile )
03-08-2015 08:51 PM
Ezequel Offline

Nice screen, Tottel!
I also bought the nature pack and am very happy about the quality. smile

A question though: when setting a physical body for the tree models, would it make a big difference to game performance when using either 'static mesh', or using box shapes for it?
03-08-2015 09:25 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(03-08-2015 01:53 PM)Tottel Wrote:  Also, Esenthel, all assets are set to be of terrain class. Is this intended?
Oh I haven't modified that, you can always set the class that suits you most smile
If you want to set it for multiple objects at the same time, use the "Multi" button in the object params editor.
03-08-2015 11:11 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

My previous findings have indicated that if you are using dense vegetation (and this is especially true of detailed trees) then you either need to restrict the view range considerably to maintain reasonable frame rates, as Tottel has done in his example above, or you need to render the trees as grass class objects with a sensible setting on the draw range. A minimum three or four level LOD setup is recommended and ideally the final LOD should be a simple cross plane image model at a fair distance to act almost like a billboard.

Reducing shadow distances can help too, as shadows are expensive, but if wanting to retain sizeable view ranges this can be problematic if you use day night cycles and you have distant objects visible above the tree line (such as mountains) which will no longer get shadow cast as the sun goes down.

As the engine stands a proper bill boarding system, such as Pherael has introduced, would seem the most sensible solution to high vegetation density over broad areas and long view distances.

Failing that the engine performance under these types of situations imo would benefit greatly from good occlusion culling and hardware instancing.

The debate over whether these should be user funded or standard engine additions in order to increase engine sales is not something I particularly want to get into.
03-09-2015 12:54 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Added 2 new packs to the first post:
Top Down Interiors - http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=148
Top Down Sci-Fi - http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=149

All packs come with FBX source files + *.EsenthelProject which is ready to use in the engine out of the box.

Enjoy! grin
04-04-2015 08:06 AM