About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Scythe Physics Editor
3DRaddict Offline

Scythe Physics Editor
The Scythe Physics Editor is an editor I used back in 2008 when I first started experimenting with PhysX. I found it to be really good, and with a little practice I was soon able to build quite complex PhysX actors for export to my 3D graphic applications. The developer of Scythe has since moved on, but has very generously left Scythe as open source, supplying all the code necessary for building a general loader for the .phy files exported from the Scythe Editor.

Seeing as EE does not make it very easy to build complex PhysX actors, I decided to wipe off the cobwebs from my Scythe Editor, and produce a loader for use with EE.
What EE does do very well is marry meshes, materials and physbodies as actors. So what I've done is build my actors using the EE tools, then use the output from the Scythe Editor to position, orientate and add joints to build multishape and jointed actors for use in my EE applications.

[Image: ScythePrimitivesJointed.jpg]

[Image: InterlockedGearsWithJoints.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 08:13 AM by 3DRaddict.)
01-29-2015 08:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Scythe Physics Editor
Very useful, thanks for the heads-up on this ... much appreciated!
01-30-2015 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply