About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Pulley and Rope
3DRaddict Offline

Pulley and Rope
Just put EE through my "Pulley and Rope" test, and I'm pleased to say it passed with flying colors smile

[Image: PulleyAndRope.jpg]

I used the Scythe Physics Editor http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=8325 to assemble the physbodies and Esenthel to process them.

And the demo to download and play around with:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2104...20Rope.rar
02-10-2015 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgatos7 Offline

RE: Pulley and Rope
Hehe awesome, looks very lifelike and behaves well. Will test it now. grin

Edit: It indeed behaves very well and it's actually pretty fun to play with that rope behavior.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 08:33 PM by georgatos7.)
02-10-2015 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

Thanks for your comment, georgatos7

Yes, this is why I so enjoy programming with a game engine that makes use of a good, solid and proven physics engine, such as PhysX. Enabling a few functions in the correct manner can produce so much more realism in the shortest possible time and effort, than trying to do the same thing via conventional algorithms. (just try to reproduce the above demo without using PhysX functions!). However, if physics is used willynilly with no thought, unpredictable and improbable results will be the consequence!
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 07:18 AM by 3DRaddict.)
02-11-2015 07:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pherael Offline

This looks nice smile I see you spend a lot of time testing and playing with physics. It's always interesting to watch your videos.
02-11-2015 10:08 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Great physics emulation and, as per usual with any of your demos, fun to play with smile
02-11-2015 12:45 PM