About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Help me to choose
Naky92 Offline

Help me to choose
Hello
I'm actually about to buy some game engine, I don't have a lot of money so I target 2d 2.5d games, and here comes my question.
Is there possibility to make 2.5d, 2d games on this engine?
I'm pretty green at programming and i was looking on other engine's that says "you don't need any knowledge" but it has no future for me and it seems that programming isn't that scarry as it looks so I may learn it.
Thanks for answers, you don't have to explain how to by the time I think I will get to know it.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 06:54 PM by Naky92.)
08-06-2015 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Help me to choose
Yes it is possible to do both 2D and 2.5D, as 2.5D is just 2D with 3D elements.

What I'd say those engines should clarify, you need no real knowledge to start using it, as you would naturally build up knowledge by getting used to their tools and/or editing already existing code and following basic tutorials, I guess.
08-06-2015 07:25 PM
RedcrowProd Offline

the engine is def. programming based, you will be able to do some stuff with the editor but you will need to to some programming at some point with any game.

learning c++ is not the easiest language, but with will, its easy to get into it and enjoy it.

there's good tuto to help you use the engine the right way. coming from basic stuff to more complicated stuff.

2d / 2.5d is totally possible with this engine but again, its depending on how bad you want it wink
08-06-2015 07:26 PM
georgatos7 Offline

Hey Naky, there isn't a safer way to answer your questions than to evaluate the engine and try to achieve the very basic/core functionality that you need.
08-06-2015 10:37 PM
SamNainocard Offline

You can also check out Esenthel RTS, which is 2.5D, Units are 2D while Terrains are 3D.
08-09-2015 02:07 PM