About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Multiple Game.World server side
Amnedge1331 Offline

Multiple Game.World server side
Hello community !

I'm actually working on the project Qanga: https://www.facebook.com/Qanga-190411084336708/?fref=ts

And I would like to make a multiple instance World, so I have some questions about the way to do it. I'm asking myself on how share physic, PathWorld, Neighboor on a same server with different world. I would like to do that to control monsters and know object movable position. So I start by decompose my "client_in_game", Area (contain my static objects like items and construction's player) into a map<idInstance,myDecompose>.

myDecompose is like:
Code:
class myDecompose{
    Map<posArea,Area> mapArea; //each Area comunicate with client_in_game to send informations
    Memc<Client> client_in_game;
    //I think i need Game.World myWorldInstance; but I don't try yet just asking myself
    //And Map<idMonster,Monster> mapMonster; wich can freely move throught areas
}

The aim is to permit us to create multiple game of 20-50 players with different worlds on the same server.

So any suggestion ?
02-24-2016 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RedcrowProd Online

RE: Multiple Game.World server side
different world or different areas with "nodsline" ?

in Net Object : void setWorld(World *world, C Vec &pos);

can be used to set your character into a different world ?

if i understand correctly you want multiple world into one server, all totally separated right ?

if that's the case, i would simply set my *networld to be different and load that world client side
02-24-2016 08:21 PM
Amnedge1331 Offline

First, thank for answer, the function setWorld(World *world, C Vec &pos) allow me to separate neighboor ? and PathWorld right ?

so in server side I need to pass into each instance created, then setWorld to have PathWorld physic etc.

I will try it soon smile
02-25-2016 10:10 AM
RedcrowProd Online

well pathworld would be dependent of the world i think ( havent played around with it ) so as long as you load the world to set the pathworld it should work

but yes, pointing to a different world should set different neighboor ( i dont have source and i use only 1 world, so i cant confirm it )

// set
void setWorld(World *world, C Vec &pos); // does not automatically enters the game

// operations
void enterGame(); // this adds the object to a world and area, and detects nearby objects and stores them as neighbors, in order to enter the game, the object must have a world set

if it doesnt work you might need to set different net.world as well to have it work this way
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2016 05:36 PM by RedcrowProd.)
02-25-2016 05:19 PM
RedcrowProd Online

hey
did you had a chance to try this ? and if so, did it worked this way ?
02-29-2016 04:27 PM
Amnedge1331 Offline

I don't try it yet but when i'll, i'll post something smile
03-03-2016 09:32 AM