About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Pirates' Nest
Dwight Offline

Pirates' Nest
Introduction
It's been a long road already, but finally decided that it's time for some showcasing of this project. Over the years, a large number of people helped create the necessary assets that the World needed. We started off in different Engines and the project lost its way.

About the game
Pirates' Nest is a naval-based online multiplayer game, where players sail the ocean in search of mythical capabilities by solving difficult puzzles, walking through miles of mazes only to find yourself trapped with flesh-eating zombies, born from the Underworld. In this game, simply leveling up won't grant you your combat abilities. Abilities have to be earned.

Upon registering for an account, the player will be asked which faction he wants to choose: The mighty and structured Marines, or the wild and free Pirates. Once choosen, the account is locked to this faction, and all characters created will be of this faction.

The basic of the game is simple : What is the difference between good and evil? It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it?

First video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG_pmeengfQ

Second video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQQDcdm3Z8Y

Third video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNAsU9MplfQ

Fourth video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrjlq1oS...ightGijzen
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2021 01:51 PM by Dwight.)
10-21-2016 09:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Pirates' Nest - [Warning - Many screenshots]
Wow I see a lot of work has been put in to this, congrats on going this far smile
10-22-2016 01:31 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Some lovely screen shots! I look forward to seeing more on this project smile
10-22-2016 08:41 AM
Dwight Offline

(10-22-2016 08:41 AM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  Some lovely screen shots! I look forward to seeing more on this project smile

You ask, so I deliver, Pixel Perfect! These are our zombies (rigged & animated, game ready) and our Character Selection Screen (CSS) of our Pirates.

Development is going pretty fast now, I feel quite motivated with the positive feedback!

10-22-2016 05:41 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(10-22-2016 05:41 PM)Dwight Wrote:  You ask, so I deliver, Pixel Perfect! These are our zombies (rigged & animated, game ready) and our Character Selection Screen (CSS) of our Pirates.

Development is going pretty fast now, I feel quite motivated with the positive feedback!

Very cool Dwight, I love the zombie characters. There is nothing I like more than seeing peoples games come together. Looks like you and your team are doing a great job!

Keep motivated and posting your progress as we all know how much work goes into making games and it helps motivate others too.

Showcasing also demonstrates how capable the Esenthel engine is ... which it thoroughly deserves.
10-23-2016 10:07 AM
Dwight Offline

New screenshot of Prometheus; He is chained to that rock for his betrayal. Obviously, his liver is eaten daily by an eagle (Ethon).

Prometheus is roughly 20 meters high.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 02:38 PM by Dwight.)
11-02-2016 02:36 PM
REPTILE Offline

This looks really nice. Is it an mmo?
11-24-2016 10:23 AM
Dwight Offline

(11-24-2016 10:23 AM)REPTILE Wrote:  This looks really nice. Is it an mmo?

Hi REPTILE,

It won't be massive, but it's becoming an online game indeed. We will soon have some bigger updates! :-)
11-24-2016 01:16 PM
andreadixon825 Offline

Hi very nice I like all the green trees and stuff smile
01-14-2017 08:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rstralberg Offline

Very nice.
01-14-2017 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

A first impression video posted after working on Pirates' Nest again after following my own coding workshops.

This project has already taught me so much, and I hope to continue to learn from it!

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG_pmeengfQ
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020 05:21 PM by Dwight.)
10-29-2020 05:20 PM
Tottel Offline

You're back! Though, I guess you've been kind of lurking like a bunch of us. grin

Great to see you still working on Pirates' Nest! Keep it up and I'm curious to see where it will go.
11-04-2020 09:15 AM
Dwight Offline

(11-04-2020 09:15 AM)Tottel Wrote:  You're back! Though, I guess you've been kind of lurking like a bunch of us. grin

Great to see you still working on Pirates' Nest! Keep it up and I'm curious to see where it will go.

I think the old members will never leave...

Next video update will be posted tomorrow; quite some improvements with the GUI, the ocean and introduction of a new island!
11-04-2020 06:40 PM
Dwight Offline

So...

New video has been uploaded with some commentary this time and to show off the new updates:
- Scheduled objects
- GUI Improvements
- Ocean / Water improvements (just visual improvements)
- Network improvements
- Inventory / Equipment window remake

Video can be found here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQQDcdm3...el=DGijzen

@Esenthel: Would be great if you would allow for embedded youtube video's again! Love to show off the capabilities this engine has!
11-05-2020 04:53 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Great to see you are still working on this and posting updates. I wish you luck and will maintain an interest in your progress.

I wish I could say the same but have been unable to continue my project for a while now, but still hoping to resurrect it at some point in the future.

I raised the issue of embedded youtube video's a while back as I think it's absence hinders promotion of peoples projects and the engine. Surely it can't be that much work to fix!

[EDIT]
I've thought about this some more since and it's occurred to me that Greg might not want the additional expense of renting large amounts of server space when he is not charging for the engine. I guess it's not too much of an issue to host our videos externally and simply link to them.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021 01:04 AM by Pixel Perfect.)
12-06-2020 12:26 PM