About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Mobile Gui
yvanvds Offline

Mobile Gui
Hey People

I'd like to draw your attention to an item i submitted to the EE Store: Mobile Gui.

Esenthel's Gui system is great for creating windows, but I needed something to create typical Mobile Gui Screens more easily. So I've created a library with a few classes. It won't match everyone's needs, but it covers the basic config screens mostly used in mobile apps.

MGui: Global object which replaces Gui. It manages all mScreen objects and redraws them if needed.
mScreen: a class which represents a screen. UI items can be added to the screen. A fixed header and back button are also supported. Internally this is a fullscreen region. Child objects are layed out automattically in the order they were added, no need to draw rectangles.
mText: A gui text class. Supports textstyles and margins. The needed height is calculated by the library and updated on rotation. Can be added to mScreen.
mButtonArea: Class which can contain one or more buttons. Can be added to mScreen.
mImage: Class to add an image to mScreen. Size is determined by margins.
mLabel: Adds a label (and a standard Esenthel Gui object next to it) to the screen.

These classes are meant for simple gui screen where you have all items one below the other. Margins aside, this means the width is always the width of the screen.

All widths & heights are a percentage of the screen width/height, which is easier to define a decent screen for all screen sizes.

Anyway, the included demo application should give you enough info to get you started. Oh, and of course the library is free lol

The Link: http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=153
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017 08:47 PM by yvanvds.)
11-30-2016 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezequel Offline

RE: Mobile Gui
Hi, very nice of you to create this!
Note that clicking the link above results in a text page with unknown characters, right click to "save link as" works fine. smile
12-01-2016 09:15 PM
Zervox Offline

Works fine for me, I am guessing you're browser is opening the file as a text file or something. smile
12-02-2016 03:01 AM
Ezequel Offline

Indeed, I was using Mozilla Firefox, not the case in Google Chrome smile
12-02-2016 03:36 PM