About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[WIP] MazeHing
neo22 Offline

[WIP] MazeHing
Hi,

I'm currently getting back at GameDev, since my last project was on Esenthel 1.0, I started it over with 2.0.

The engine as gone through many change since, so I built a small project called MazeHing aside to take back at the editor.

It looks like this, I'm currently building more levels, and have yet to implement a better scoring system, also have to work on the character and it's animations.

What do you think ?
04-27-2017 07:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RedcrowProd Offline

RE: [WIP] MazeHing
amazehing !
Always good to see new project
In this type of minigame i'd def set up a max timer where you lose when you dont do it in time so its not just one way and you feel like accomplishing a goal.
Its nice to have to remember and not just figured it out as you go but will this be easy to see with more complex maze ? When things get smaller ?

Will you add patrolling ai that you have to wait for & other event like this (traps?)

Good luck with this project smile
04-27-2017 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Nice little game! Improved character/animations, as you've already highlighted, is probably all it needs. I do like redcrow's suggestion of throwing in some timed maze runs and the possibility of traps that maybe hold you for a few seconds or slow you down ... so adding to the difficulty. Always a fine balance getting it right with this type of game though.

Good luck and thanks for showcasing it smile
04-28-2017 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
neo22 Offline

Thanks for the ideas @RedcrowProd.

For now the timer goes from 0 with no limit in max time. I just have to set a max duration on each mazes and make a reverse counting timer and as @PixelPerfect said not easy to define.

It's much harder to remember of a whole complex maze, for now I usually get lost in my own mazes. I think I'll put an object to symbolise the maze out way. Maybe it will be easier to find.

I'm planning to add some doors and keys (hidden in the maze) to spice up the game a little, and get "back to track" bonus, using the Esenthel path-finding to get back to the proper way.

Thanks for the feedbacks. I'll keep on building and improve it as much as possible.
04-28-2017 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jben Offline

Very Nice! smile
07-24-2017 05:13 AM