About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Hi, I'm getting an error
andreadixon825 Offline

Hi, I'm getting an error
Hi, I was testing my game out and I'm getting these outputs. Here is my outputs doc.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\v1​41_xp\Toolset.targets(36,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSdkDir_71A variable from the registry.  TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. [C:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Server\Project.vcxproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(371,5)​: warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry.  TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. [C:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Server\Project.vcxproj]
  Net Chr.cpp
TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "rc.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Server\Project.vcxproj]
05-08-2017 07:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Hi, I'm getting an error
this looks like you haven't installed the Win7 SDK I am not sure if it is deprecated in Win10 and latest version of VS, I also think this is related to Visual Studio opening of the project and not through the editor?

right click project
inside properties | Configuration Properties | General |
Platform Toolset -> change to visual studio version without "xp" in it's name
Windows SDK ->change to SDK version you want to use/require
Target Platform -> set to targetted minimal version of platform you are aiming to support.

I believe Platform Toolset is the only one you need to set correctly, though I am not 100% sure.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 08:41 AM by Zervox.)
05-08-2017 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andreadixon825 Offline

Hello Zervox, thanks, visual studio 2017 is so cool it found the problem and fixed it, so now everything works smile Thank you very much smile
05-08-2017 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Perhaps you haven't selected C++ and Windows XP support when installing VS?
05-08-2017 11:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply