About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Custom Animations
z3roram Offline

Custom Animations
So I was able to import custom animation via FBX into a new test project... from there split the animations and they all processed properly. However there are multiple attacks and jump variations as well as walking and running. How do I further implement use in game, to clarify as character first then AI second since this will help enable additional FBX imports. To explain further: (adding attachment to show anim list and empty Object Class to do list... smile

MORE IMPORTANT
- I created new Object Class called (OBJ_CHR) and assume I have to add params to it... element ID and Ignore mesh. How do I use the params in game? Is there a place I have to determine the anims?

LESS IMPORTANT
- Also wondering how to enable equipping items over the mesh... I see in tutorial you offer armor mesh however no way to see how to enable that. In RPG 2 it offers the ability to equip via an Inventory GUI (I understand concept) however how is this called/created in custom project.

To further explain steps I ended up adding the anims to the OBJ_CHR as element ID then simply copied the Character App code main from tutorial to test and added my object in player.create(*ObjectPtr…. etc. I alsoset the param of the character as OBJ_CHR it did load the model but with no animations as I expected... How to do this?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018 08:18 PM by z3roram.)
05-23-2018 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

RE: Custom Animations
Do you have the source code of the OBJ_CHR ? You would want to override the class and add those extra animations in.

Or you could just extend the player character class.
05-23-2018 11:00 PM
z3roram Offline

Further details on how to do this? I do have source as far as animation text file etc...
05-24-2018 01:15 PM
SamNainocard Offline

If I understand the question. You have to load animation to a local variable first (mostly SkelAnim for movement and use Motion for thing like Attack)

You might want to check the 10 - Animation/01 Animation and 14 - Game Basic/12 - Animation to use the custom animation.

Also, see 14 - Game Basic/09 - Custom Parameters, to see how to load data (OBJ_CHR and the like).
05-26-2018 02:26 AM
z3roram Offline

(05-26-2018 02:26 AM)SamNainocard Wrote:  If I understand the question. You have to load animation to a local variable first (mostly SkelAnim for movement and use Motion for thing like Attack)

You might want to check the 10 - Animation/01 Animation and 14 - Game Basic/12 - Animation to use the custom animation.

Also, see 14 - Game Basic/09 - Custom Parameters, to see how to load data (OBJ_CHR and the like).

Will check this out thanks
05-27-2018 05:06 AM