About Store Forum Documentation Contact

RTX/GTX rendering issues
jinx Offline

RTX/GTX rendering issues
as on the screen - I've tested with different apps and different nvidia settings. it does not appear in other apps, so it's not an nvidia panel preset issue.

the bug appears on win10 with RTX 2070/2080 and GTX 970 series. that applies to most rendering functions except cell shading. how to fix ?

the screen is full of black dots patterns that are moving around the texture.

and please, make posting screens easier, we are 2020 not 1992.

07-23-2020 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: RTX/GTX rendering issues
07-24-2020 05:25 AM
jinx Offline

I have updated the latest drivers and physx, and the issue still appears.
... aaaand it's months already wink

I was searching for the strings mentioned in the threads that you send me to, but these are probably very outdated as I could not find none.

I know some devs that abandoned the idea of using Esenthel just because of this issue. All of them had the same problem with rendering in the very beginning, tested with very different hardware. Tested both binary, github, rebuilded etc itp

Don't get me wrong, but you cannot expect anybody to take months to get that single issue solved. This is critical and urgent - the very basic functionality.

I see that this forum is barely alive and I found Esenthel very promisive in the beginning but c'mon... fix this thing. I expect engine to work as default, not to dig some forums and find half a year later that the issue still exist.

So, again - how to fix the rendering issue ?
None of your solutions worked so far.
11-13-2020 12:17 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

https://github.com/Esenthel/EsenthelEngine/issues/21
This is a bug in GeForce driver, not Esenthel
the workaround is to change Editor Video Options \ Advanced \ Diffuse Mode to Lambert (instead of Burley/Disney)
in code it's: D.diffuseMode(..);
Feel free to contact Nvidia for resolving this problem.
11-13-2020 05:49 AM
jinx Offline

How do you imagine developers using your engine ?

Do you expect all the steam players that would buy a game and return back after first run to contact nvidia too ?

You are ridiculus, just convinced us not to take Esenthel siriously.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 09:01 AM by jinx.)
11-13-2020 09:01 AM
Dwight Offline

(11-13-2020 09:01 AM)jinx Wrote:  How do you imagine developers using your engine ?

Do you expect all the steam players that would buy a game and return back after first run to contact nvidia too ?

You are ridiculus, just convinced us not to take Esenthel siriously.

I have the same hardware configuration and have the same issue. By using the steps Esenthel provided you do have a workaround. If you are unable to develop a game with just this issue at hand, a big surprise is coming your way.

I personally find your language quite rude and not professional. The bug is in the driver and I expect the card's manufacturer to fix this issue.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 11:37 AM by Dwight.)
11-13-2020 11:35 AM
RedcrowProd Offline

Dwight is on point.

Use lambert difuse for now, i dont see what the big deal is. All esenthel could do right now is disable disney until the issue is fixed in the driver.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 07:45 PM by RedcrowProd.)
11-13-2020 07:45 PM
Houge Offline

As if all other engines are perfect and rock solid...
+1 to Dwight
11-14-2020 06:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

Esenthel replied to your original post, just a day after, with suggestions that worked for other people.
It is _you_ who waited 4 months to reply with a statement of: "It doesn't work. Slow developer. Terrible engine."

Regardless of who should be fixing it (Esenthel or NVidia), I do not think you can call Esenthel unreasonable here.
11-15-2020 11:40 AM