About Store Forum Documentation Contact

scale units
afecelis Offline

scale units
Hi everyone,

Trying to get my own models into Esenthel I tried replacing some of the existing ones in the tutorials. In the blood example, I replaced the 0.mesh human model for one I created. However, it shows up gigantic in the render window. I created my model 170 cm tall in blender but in comparison with the human it's like 10x bigger, so I was wondering what the world scale in Esenthel is. I thought it was a 1:1 scale, and that things you created with real-life proportions in your 3d app would keep the scale once rendered in Esenthel. Any guides on this regard?

cheers,

Alvaro
01-14-2009 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: scale units
Hi

In Esenthel Engine one unit is equal to one meter

After importing models into Mesh Editor you can rescale them with "Ctrl+C" shortcut (1 meter height)
01-14-2009 11:42 PM
afecelis Offline

Thanks Grzegor. So Ctrl+C optimizes the scale of meshes for the engine?
I'l try it out immediately.

regards,

Alvaro

EDITED: ahhhhh! that's the ticket! wink Works great! Thanks a lot. Now I'll start looking about materials.
01-14-2009 11:50 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

its hard to call it optimization, it just rescales the mesh for 1 meter height smile the option is available through the menu
01-14-2009 11:52 PM
afecelis Offline

You're right. So it scales the model and makes it 1 meter tall? Or you mean it scales it on a 1:1 metrical proportion taking 1 meter as reference? So if my original model is 170 cm, when doing CTRL+C it will make it a 1.70m Esenthel mesh, or simply a 1meter tall mesh?

Sorry for so many questions, but once you start you can't stop! wink If it's a 1m tall model how do I make it 1.70? Do you ismply type in the XYZ scale fields after doing the CTRL+C thing?

cheers.

Alvaro
01-14-2009 11:57 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

hehsmile
it scales the model so it is 1 meter tall
and the scaling maintains the proportions, youll see how it works when you use it
01-15-2009 12:18 AM
afecelis Offline

heheheh, yup, I'm on it, I'm on it!

Too much caffeine! smile

regards,
Alvaro
01-15-2009 12:42 AM