About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Using custom character models
iPi Offline

Using custom character models
I have a female soldier model, fully animated. not built with your engine in mind, (i got it off a 3d store site. 3drt i think if anyone wants to take a look) so the bone structure, although probably not too abnormal, obviously won't match the character tit for tat.

So what are my options? I tried importing it as is, and although it displays fine in the mesh editor(Animations don't work however) the model doesn't display in the world editor.

Do I need to do anything other than just convert it into the right format? I see in your esenthel game you have characters such as goblins etc.
Any chance of a character pack for us coders who can't model and can't afford expensive model packs? smile
01-12-2009 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
craksy Offline

Re: Using custom character models
have you seperated, mesh, skeleton, and animations to .mesh .skel and .anim files?
only solution i can think of :/
01-12-2009 11:45 PM
iPi Offline

I'm pretty sure I imported I could, which was just a standard X file. I assumed this was all I needed based on the docs, but I do have a habit of mis-reading things so who knows smile

I'll have another go. out of interest, which exporter do you use, if any atm? I use panda for max7(Only max i have)

I also have milkshape, is there a better alternative for that? Perhaps an ogre xml format? I havn't tried that yet, I prefered X for some arcane reason smile
01-13-2009 10:45 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

As for animated meshes Engine imports .X and .xml (ogre xml) file formats.

so you can try using Panda Exporter, Kw-Xporter, and ogre xml exporter.

links are provided in the documentation "english.chm\resources\mesh\importing"
01-14-2009 04:41 PM