About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World Editor Plugin System
iPi Offline

World Editor Plugin System
Is there any possiblity of adding some form of plugin support to the world editor? It's not a vital feature, as you can pretty much create your own classes as is, but what i'm thinking of is, also adding some form of plugin support to the core 3d engine.
Point being, we could then add custom fx, custom rendering techniques, and better still, provide a proper interface for them within the world editor.

I just prefer that approach to rolling my own tool for my own additions. I love the world editor, so, i prefer that smile

Also, you can just do pretty much anything with a plugin system. one example. Say you wanted a button that reduces the amount of grass uniformly to a certain percentage, with a plugin you could write the login in C++, the interface using of course the engine's own, just rendered with the rest of the standard world editor.

My main want, atm, is so I can create a cutscene editor within the world editor. Again easy to do with my own tool, but I love the concept of the world editor being the central hub for all creative aspects of the media side. well, mesh editor aside of course smile
01-12-2009 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: World Editor Plugin System
I see that you're pointing good, but complicated ideas smile
don't count on a plugin system soon, more likely please post specific ideas into World Editor in the "wish list" forum

A Cutscene Editor will be developed in future, as a separate tool.
01-14-2009 04:29 PM
iPi Offline

Re: World Editor Plugin System
Yeah, it's your fault, you've already covered most of my needs so i'm thinking of bigger things smile

If you ever need any coding help, with any features you'd like to do, but just dont have the time/man power, pls do email me. i can code in C#/C++/Basic. And have access to a ps3 with linux on it, if porting to ps3 is on the agenda. i see big potential there. ok there is little to no rsx support yet(Unless it has happened since i last checked) but the cell...the cell is a thing of beauty smile you could dedicate 4 cores to just software rendering.

A cut back streamlined raytracer version of Esenthel. smile That would make me cry with joy smile (I think raytracing is sort of the future. Perhaps a new tech will emerge to replace it, but atm, i don't see how to get higher fedility rendering and fx. IT's how the real world works isn't it? Who are we to better reality...smile )

(I can also code on psp/ps2, and xna)
01-15-2009 01:47 PM
pabloruiz55 Offline

RE: World Editor Plugin System
Is there any advance in the cutscene editor? Thanks!
11-25-2009 05:06 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

hello,
sorry, the cutscene editor isn't planned to be added anytime soon,
if it's very important to you, you'd need to develop it on your own
11-25-2009 05:12 PM
dylantan Offline

Hi Guys,

Any recommendation for 3rd Party CutScene Editor or SDK apart from Bink?
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 04:37 PM by dylantan.)
04-10-2011 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rndbit Offline

regarding plugin system - i guess main advantage of it would be ability to customize editor. with that said i can not see plugins available for anything less than company license, and now if you get that - you get world editor source code, so what else do you need to customize it.
04-10-2011 06:27 PM
runewake2 Offline

Plugins would be nice or just a source code database. Sort of an asset manager where you could exchange code, resources, plugins etc with other Esenthel coders.
04-17-2011 12:28 AM
Rudolph Offline

(01-12-2009 10:56 PM)iPi Wrote:  Is there any possiblity of adding some form of plugin support to the world editor? It's not a vital feature, as you can pretty much create your own classes as is, but what i'm thinking of is, also adding some form of plugin support to the core 3d engine.
Point being, we could then add custom fx, custom rendering techniques, and better still, provide a proper interface for them within the world editor.

I just prefer that approach to rolling my own tool for my own additions. I love the world editor, so, i prefer that smile

Also, you can just do pretty much anything with a plugin system. one example. Say you wanted a button that reduces the amount of grass uniformly to a certain percentage, with a plugin you could write the login in C++, the interface using of course the engine's own, just rendered with the rest of the standard world editor.

My main want, atm, is so I can create a cutscene editor within the world editor. Again easy to do with my own tool, but I love the concept of the world editor being the central hub for all creative aspects of the media side. well, mesh editor aside of course smile

i guess main advantage of it would be ability to customize editor.
06-10-2011 10:46 AM