About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Publishing a Project via Visual Studio
alovaros Offline

Publishing a Project via Visual Studio
Hello, I am trying put esenthel/Titan currently and I decided to use VS as my IDE because I already know it from work.

I tried to "publish" or "pack" one of my smaller projects just to see how that process goes.
Under Titan itself that's no problem, I've just read the "publishing" part under Documentation and it worked.

Under VS if I have the bool PUBLISH in Auto.cpp set to false my project runs, no matter if I compile as debug or as release version.
But when changing PUBLISH to true results in my compiled exe spitting out "can't load Bin/Engine.pak".
Wich makes sense, I guess I can just create a bin folder and put the engine.pak from the titan folder in there but the same error will appear for "project.pak" and I am not sure if or how I could generate this .pak from Visual Studio.

So do I need to create a .pak file or am I supposed to do something comepletly different?
07-22-2022 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Publishing a Project via Visual Studio
The project data you can generate manually from Titan Editor.
At the bottom use Build menu (exe) \ Export \ Project Data.

But I recommend working with Titan Editor instead of VS, it does everything for you automatically.
And using VS you won't be able to make apps for Mac/iOS/Linux.
07-22-2022 09:28 AM
alovaros Offline

RE: Publishing a Project via Visual Studio
(07-22-2022 09:28 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  The project data you can generate manually from Titan Editor.
At the bottom use Build menu (exe) \ Export \ Project Data.

But I recommend working with Titan Editor instead of VS, it does everything for you automatically.
And using VS you won't be able to make apps for Mac/iOS/Linux.

Awesome thank you! Exactly what I needed! and it also worked.
I will definitly consider using the build in editor, it has some awesome features like the auto filling of UIDs with drag and drop for images and such.
07-22-2022 09:52 AM