About Store Forum Documentation Contact

collada support
spooky_paul Offline

collada support
From my personal experience working with the formats supported by the engine might become quite challenging. I remember the dark days of translating geometry at work between the various apps in the studio, when OBJs and WRLs broke my normals, 3DS always managed to find its own original way to rearrange my geometry and Xs just couldn't be trusted with animation.

Collada fixed most of our problems and I believe that supporting this format would be a great addition to this engine as almost every 3d package out here supports it, eliminating the need of using exporters made by several parties, with specifications that vary.

Thanks smile
09-01-2008 04:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: collada support
Thank you for your suggestion, I'll add it to my Task List.
However please know that already multiple formats can be imported from external 3d programs, without any data loss.
For the details you can check "Esenthel Engine Documentation\Resources\Mesh\Importing"
09-01-2008 11:46 AM
spooky_paul Offline

This is good news. Do you have a possible date as when you might tackle this issue?

Thank you
09-01-2008 12:15 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Have you tried other formats?
I can't say a date, as you can see here <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.esenthel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=40">viewforum.php?f=40</a><!-- l --> I have already lots of stuff to work on wink
09-01-2008 12:20 PM