About Store Forum Documentation Contact

The original look???
JMtheCONQUERER Offline

The original look???
Ive been watching esenthel progress over the last few years and have been very impressed by the way its evolved into what it is now. Very good work Grzegorz.

But I wanted to know is there a way to get the graphics back to the original look when the dungeon demo was available? For instance the original graphics didnt have the haze and fog created by the sun, it just had a lot of good rich color to it. The sun rays effects is nice but for some reason it looks like the overall color is a little washed out because of it. Atleast thats what Ive noticed. Not to sound like a jerk, I mean that with all due respect.

So nothing negative just wondering if its possible to get it back to the way the graphics looked in its primitive phase.

Thanks.
09-09-2009 05:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: The original look???
Sorry, I dont exactly understand what you mean. I havent changed any of the "old" rendering, I just added new effects.
And all of the effects are fully configurable - they can be changed or disabled.
you can disable sun rays, you can change the "fog" color, etc.. its all up to you how to setup the rendering options.
09-09-2009 10:58 AM
JMtheCONQUERER Offline

Well I just meant how heavy the color was when moving down the dark hallways of the original demo. The bloody massacre and the cloth demo with the girl both seem to create a visual haze with the distance. Its like the DOF effects combined with the sunrays that produce that atmospheric volume. That wasnt present in the dungeon demo. So I guess what I'm trying to say is how do I go back to the dungeon look?

I do also realize that most of a games look depends largely on the artist. So I'm not complaining in any way. Sorry if you got that impression. I was just wondering how to shut off the sun rays and DOF.

Thanks.
09-09-2009 08:22 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

please look at the "Sun" class
it features "rays.mode", there you can disable it

DOF is disabled by default
09-09-2009 08:26 PM