About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Basic Question
xenno Offline

Re: Basic Question
In my case, i have my room divided in 4 parts: 3 walls, other wall, floor and roof(?).
All parts are correct but the other wall is divided in 2 mesh in MeshEditor (this last wall need to have different material) and if i want the seam texture in both, it's difficult get them well positioned.
All other parts use a simple texture (one quad) tiled.

[Image: questionyf8.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

My PC:
Proccessor: Core2 Quad Q9650
Ram: 4GB
HD: 500 Gb
Video Card: 285GTX 1Gb
Microsoft Windows Vista
11-03-2008 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

the UV is taken directly from 3ds max, altough sometimes exporters flip Y coordinates in the textures.
so you can try flipping it back in Mesh Editor (in material mode in the menu please select Material\Texture Transform\Flip Y, or press Ctrl+Y in that mode)
if it's still wrong please send me the wall mesh (in .max format) and I'll try to see what's the problem
11-03-2008 08:10 PM
razoorsharp Offline

mm still havent tried the mesh editor of the engine out which is too bad but lacking time as usual.. and first i wanna get the models done good (and have another kid on the way)

Anyways what i alsowanted to ask .
Can i directly import BIP files?
learnd about bones and trajectaries and stuff like that yesterday and getting started on rigging and animating one of the characters i have .

Anyways how does esenthel use it? can i import a bip file directly?
11-05-2008 08:57 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you would have to use an exporter which includes bones and animations into the files,
from 3ds max you can use .x format, please check documentation Resources\Meshes\importing section for more info
11-05-2008 11:50 AM