About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My current wishes (alot :P)
Sarora Offline

My current wishes (alot :P)
First of all, excellent progress on the engine, i got a few wishes though.

1) Improved editor(s) generally

More professional looking editor, combining all the "external" exe's like mesh editor, world editor, gui editor, pak editor (like UT3 pak system maybe) and so forth into one big and easier to use editor (maybe using ribbon control for easier finding stuff ?), like most engines has it.

World Editor Req :

Road and river placement, like torque3d (and many more) has it.
EDIT : http://vimeo.com/4304245 and http://vimeo.com/4304024

maybe improve water/river shader, current ones is nice, but far from close to realistic, also adding coustics and foam w/ depth buffer.

AI system (basic) by adding marker placements and such for basic AI functions like EG birds flying and such timed or something, scriptable even maybe.

Realtime map editor update for multiple world building colaboration (should not be that hard to do actually, by only sending changed data when required and ofcourse only what excatly has changed on a map, light compressed ofc).

Rain / snow / intelligent fog system with collision on objects / map.

Flow graph system for particle generation/creation and more, to simplify creation of some of those things.

Assets browser inside editor, so you can see models realtime w/ textures before adding them to map.

General :

Speed improvements (rendering).
-

I know its alot, but just idea's ive been toying with.

PS : Is it possible with indie license to create your "own" editor to do these things, or are you limited by not having the complete source in this case ?

Again, thanks for this awesome engine smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2009 10:02 PM by Sarora.)
10-22-2009 06:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaldrick Offline

RE: My current wishes (alot :P)
I'd add to this perhaps ability of adjusting physical attributes of elements (like, for example, weight or gravity. Would be useful for making planets and stuff instead of flat heightmaps).
10-22-2009 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:PS : Is it possible with indie license to create your "own" editor to do these things, or are you limited by not having the complete source in this case ?
you can do this even without the indie license, but you'd have to write full editor from scratch.
Applying modifications to the existing World Editor is available only in Pro license.
10-22-2009 07:26 PM
Sarora Offline

Adding another one

Materials - Glow map, add animation possibility to it (eg Sine curve or something).

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
11-01-2009 12:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

this can and should be handled manually, by adjusting the material parameters realtime
11-01-2009 03:40 PM
Sarora Offline

(11-01-2009 03:40 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  this can and should be handled manually, by adjusting the material parameters realtime

Alot of engines have this in the material system/lighting system, expensive as cheap ones.

Else, you would have to sit and program each material's glow that you wish uses animation for (and flickering lights for that sake for each light source if we talk lights)

That just sounds like a whole lot of work for a few clicks (toggle on and change/set parameters) with a mouse in the material editor.

Whats the reasoning about that it "should" be handled manually ?

PS: Added 2 links to road/river editor video's on vimeo in original post.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2009 11:24 PM by Sarora.)
11-01-2009 11:22 PM
Sarora Offline

One more.

Material setting (reflective on/off) with setting slider (blur/smudge or what its called so its not such a sharp reflection) none to alot, wich reflects enviroment ect onto the material.

Would do wonders on glass / mirrors / floors and so on where else you need it.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2009 11:36 PM by Sarora.)
11-04-2009 09:09 PM