About Store Forum Documentation Contact

PhysX
Seba Offline

PhysX
In Documentation i found somethink like that:
Quote:Cloth Metal
Quote:Cloth Metal is a cloth mode which allows cloth to be used to simulate plastic deformation. For example dents in barrels, car bodywork or metal doors can be displayed when there is a large impact on the surface.

Cloth metal is created in a very similar way to other cloth types, first a cloth mesh is created (NxClothMesh) and instances of this cloth mesh are used in the form of NxCloths.

Then to enable the feature a rigid body should be attached to the cloth. The cloth acts as a deformable surface for the rigid body. The cloth automatically becomes rigid when the body is attached. The rigid body is used for simulation until an object hits the cloth with a sufficiently large impulse to cause deformation, at this point the cloth deforms. Following the impact the object is simulated again using the rigid body. Collision is made against cloth vertices, so objects smaller than the distance between cloth vertices might not interact fully with the metal cloth.

To attach the rigid body to the cloth use:

void NxCloth::attachToCore (NxActor *actor, NxReal impulseThreshold, NxReal penetrationDepth=0.0f, NxReal maxDeformationDistance = 0.0f);
Can i add this using this version of EsenthelEngine? If yes maybe some advice?
If no there will be some update of Physix adding fluids, more options to soft body, metal cloth?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2009 06:51 PM by Seba.)
11-02-2009 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seba Offline

RE: PhysX
Can i get some reply even Yes or No?
11-04-2009 11:39 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

those PhysX features are on my list, but don't expect them anytime soon, I'm tied with developing new features for my clients (mainly World Editor improvements - rivers, ...)
11-04-2009 11:55 PM
Seba Offline

Ok. I only want to know. I will wait for it. Thanks for reply.
11-05-2009 08:16 AM