About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My Questions
Masterxilo Offline

RE: My Questions
Very nice.
A follow up on:
Quote:(in WE) Why do material overrides have to be "compatible with default mesh material"?
Can't I assign a material to a mesh which actually has none (by default/in mesh editor)? Why not? Can you change this?
Quote:Because they must use the same shaders

Does this limitation come from some (drawing/rendering) optimization? Because if not, I'd really like to be able to change the material through this object setting without having to create a new mesh for just this.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2010 06:04 PM by Masterxilo.)
12-30-2010 04:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

And:
  1. What is the purpose of the "Add Object" button in the Object editor? I can see it creates a white sphere for which I can choose an object file, but nothing else happens...
  2. How do you make destructible objects static in WE? I want to create a destructible platform that breaks and falls only after I touched it, not by itself.
  3. How can I make a refractive glass material much like
    [Image: index.php?app=core&module=attach...ach_id=214]
    or
    [Image: BlurryRhino.jpg]
  4. What do I need to change in the Cloth tutorial to make it render the cloth when the material is transparent (Tech: Blend Light)? Changing the renderer type to Renderer.type(RT_DEFERRED); doesn't seem to help.
  5. App.desktopW() returns the width of the main screen but maybe there should be a way to make it return the size of secondary screens. Btw. does windows support fullscreen mode over multiple monitors? And running a fullscreen app on the secondary monitor (it works for Flash at least, but maybe that's not real fullscreen exclusive mode)...?
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 01:22 PM by Masterxilo.)
12-30-2010 06:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

1. Haha, I've always wondered this myself.
2. This is how I do it. http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...6#pid19526
3. Don't think this is possible right now, but I may be wrong.
12-31-2010 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

But 2) is not possible in the editor?
12-31-2010 10:53 PM
Driklyn Offline

You could try adjusting the mass of the platform in Mesh Editor although I can't say this will get you the results you desire. According to Esenthel, joint creation is dependent upon an object's mass, so I presume increasing the mass of an object will stop it from breaking apart as easily. http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...3#pid14843
01-01-2011 05:26 AM
Masterxilo Offline

Well that would only make it break apart not so easily then, but I want it to be static/kinematic until it is touched.
More:
6. See http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...7#pid19667 ...
How would I use a box model/body for realtime physics but a detailed mesh representation of that car for raycasting? Because I would want to be able to run exact hit tests when the player is shooting, yet still want to keep the physx body simple for performance reasons (and to keep the car moveable).
7. Can mesh bodies be kinematic (I know they can't be dynamic)?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 11:19 PM by Masterxilo.)
01-01-2011 11:04 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. they are sub-objects, for example items for player object
6. maybe convex mesh?
7. no, cant be kinematic
01-02-2011 01:42 AM
Masterxilo Offline

1. How are those retrieved in code? Why aren't they visible in the WE? Or can I give weapons to the character in WE like this?
6. That's far from accurate enough. Can't I use different meshes for raycasting and physics?
01-02-2011 02:15 AM
Masterxilo Offline

Is it possible to draw images without any filtering? Right now, whenever I draw an image larger than it's pixel size, it has linear filtering.

Also why are Color arguments passed by value ("Color") and not by reference ("C Color&")? Wouldn't that be more efficient?

And what are the "Color color, Color color_add" arguments in the image drawing methods used for?

And can I draw an image in a pixel perfect manner (I always get rounding errors that are different for different positions when using D.pixelToScreenSize(VecI2(1,1)))? It would be nice to have an Int x, y, w, h version of the draw image command...
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 08:23 PM by Masterxilo.)
01-06-2011 02:27 PM