desktopW is the screen widh at the moment of application start
screenW is the screen width at the current moment

I'll improve the comments on the methods
03-21-2010 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

RE: My Questions
ah, k ,ty

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
03-21-2010 04:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

Some more:
  1. How many people can work with one indie (200$) license? Any amount?
  2. Can't I let the world editor automatically generate a phys mesh for any static object/mesh?
    Do I really have to generate/create a phys file for every mesh I place, even though it'll just be a shape created from the mesh data (static geometry, e.g. building)?
    Can you add automatic generation (maybe add a button next to the phys line saying "Create from mesh" or so)?
  3. (in WE) Why do material overrides have to be "compatible with default mesh material"?
    Can't I assign a material to a mesh which actually has none (by default/in mesh editor)? Why not? Can you change this?
  4. How do I make an object not align to the ground when moving it?
  5. Why (in play mode in WE) is the view range so limited (the view range in WE itself is set to very high, but in play mode it's always very small).
    Is there a way to change this?
  6. Why does "update visible and play" still take quite long to build the terrain even when I didn't change anything?
  7. Is there a way to limit an object's view/visibility range (in WE)? To make it disappear completely after x meters?
  8. Can physics joints be created in the WE? In ME?
  9. Could you please lower the minimum texture scale for terrain textures in WE (0.063 is not small/big enough, please lower to like 0.01)?
  10. Can the world editor environment settings be loaded in my own engine application easily? If so how? If not, could you add that?

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
04-07-2010 09:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

4. go to object -> turn off heighmap aligning. And use ctrl or alt for moving up and down and to rotate.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
04-07-2010 04:33 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. The whole team, assuming that it's working on 1 game.
2. Maybe in future
3. Because they must use the same shaders
5. Use [] keys to change it
6. It always rebuilds visible
7. You can assign any object to "ACCESS_GRASS"
8. no
9. ok
10. ill add this to my list
04-07-2010 06:11 PM
Dandruff Offline

I read through most of the pages and learned a lot. Nice topic smile
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2010 08:16 AM by Dandruff.)
11-13-2010 06:38 AM
Masterxilo Offline

Some implementation questions:
  1. I guess most of your classes do have private methods used for their implementation. How do you remove their declarations from the headers you distribute (because none of the classes exposed there have any private, non-template methods)? Do you have some tool that does this? Does C++ really allow doing this (use private method Class::foo() for implementation but not expose it) or do you hide the implementation in some other way?
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2010 06:33 PM by Masterxilo.)
11-16-2010 06:31 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

struct X
{
#ifdef ENGINE
void hiddenMethod();
#endif
};

I've written a c++ program which processes headers, and removes everything inside ENGINE region, you can use it for ordinary methods only (you can't use it for members or for virtual methods)
11-16-2010 06:56 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Ah, I see, that's why the attribute data is still there. And the virtual functions have to be there because the implementation must be able to go down the hierarchy when calling a virtual method.

I guessed the exclusion of the private member functions is done somehow automatically.

Thanks for telling me.
11-16-2010 07:43 PM
Masterxilo Offline

1. The autoupdater does not save the SDK location, I have to set it again every time. The only things in Autoupdate.txt are:
    Code:
    Remove   = 1
    VSPath   = ""
    DataPath = ""

Also, I think it should use ".." (relative to the updater .exe's location) as the directory if none is entered and not just say "invalid directory".
12-15-2010 11:50 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Could you please quickly fix this? It's pretty annoying having to copy-paste the sdk path with every update.
Thanks in advance.
12-27-2010 02:56 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I think I did this in the last update, please check.
12-27-2010 03:16 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Ah, right, it's there now, thanks
Quote:SDKPath = "
12-27-2010 04:13 PM
Masterxilo Offline

What exactly replaces InstancedRenderer?
Calling
Code:
void Mesh::draw (const Matrix &matrix, const Vec &vel=Vec(0, 0, 0), const Vec &ang_vel=Vec(0, 0, 0), Bool use_early_z=false)
Multiple times?
12-30-2010 04:21 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

yeah, generally when drawing many similar meshes, they get automatically instanced by the engine.
12-30-2010 04:40 PM