About Store Forum Documentation Contact

How good for commercial ?
striker7 Offline

How good for commercial ?
Hello,
New to the forum here, and I just wanted to know how good is this engine to use for commercial games ?!

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area ...

Thank you for your comments smile

www.NaderGator.com
www.TinyStudents.com
01-10-2010 05:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: How good for commercial ?
hello, welcome to the forum,
it's the best ! wink
01-10-2010 01:37 PM
Kevin Offline

I think the engine is pretty good for commercial (and non-commercial) indie games, because it's powerful and quite simple to use. Commercial games for XBox/PS3/Wii aren't supported yet. The world editor is very good, too, but it can also be very limited for big games (if you need some extra features), and if you don't have the 7000$ version (programmable world editor) of the engine. It would be cool if there were script support for the world editor (like the python scripts in blender (I would prefer LUA grin)).
Graphics of the engine is also pretty decent, with acceptable performance!
What I still miss is support for breakable object (e.g. trees like in crysis), but I'm sure it will be added in the future wink

So all in all I think EE is one of the top ten (or even top five) engines out there, especially for indie developers and small companies.

//Edit: And don't forget the great support in the forum wink

best regards,
Kevin
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2010 03:06 PM by Kevin.)
01-10-2010 03:00 PM
striker7 Offline

Thank you guys for all your replies. I just looked at the pricing and .. WOW .. $10,000 for the pro version seems a bit too much ... also, I don't see a difference between the $200 and the $1000 version(s) ?! (Level 2 & Level 3) .. why is that ?! , I mean I am a hobbyist programmer/artist but I would like to get as many features as possible - in an engine I may consider buying one day ... and off course all hobbyist will eventually want to/or will consider selling their games/apps at some point.
01-10-2010 11:54 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

"for companies" license is required if you own a company, and it gets you more prioritized support
01-11-2010 12:26 AM