About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My list :)
iraq Offline

My list :)
Hi
Firstly I would like to apologize for my English, which is not the best, and a pity that there is no Polish Forum
In my opinion Esenthel has great potential for the developer certainly is the best engine available for free, and beats on his head most of the engines in full commercial that I know
Many members expressed their views on how to make this engine even better so I also
The most important thing in my opinion, is to write code multiplayer, which has already been mentioned many times on the forum
This opens up many new revenue opportunities and use the engine in games like online FPS or something like that
Secondary, but still useful for novice developers it is the introduction of several new tutorials (for you, Grzegorz certainly is not a problem, but for people like me very useful thing) I mean mainly the tutorials: AI (artificial intelligence from the bloody massacre hard at least in my view, to implement into your own game), dialogue (as in role-playing games), how to do a simple task, how to get in the car (or horse), and to do possible to swim because from what I know now it is impossible

Again, very sorry for the mistakes and "bugs" in my English smile
I look forward to your reply and I hope you'll like my ideas
I helped a google translate smile
01-28-2010 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Myx Offline

RE: My list :)
Here's how I implement swimming:

Code:
if(Game::World.waterUnder(pos()))
{
    ctrl.flying(true);
    ctrl.actor.gravity(false);
}
else
{
    ctrl.flying(false);
    ctrl.actor.gravity(true);
}

This piece of code is simply placed in your character's update(), also you might want to change your character's flying_speed to something like 2.1 so you get a more realistic swimming speed.

Happy coding!
01-29-2010 12:01 AM
iraq Offline

RE: My list :)
Thanks for swimming code
It is simple but it will be very useful in my game
I did not think even that such a simple way to create a swimming
I have still much to learn about C + + and Esenthel
Thanks again and keep up
01-29-2010 07:33 AM