About Store Forum Documentation Contact

quick question
Ashaira Offline

quick question
i was looking through the tutorials and i couldnt figure out why images arent loading. the code seems right but when i run the program i get this
"can't load texture........ reasons:
-videocard doesnt support required format
-file not found
-out of memory"

the file is there and the directory path is right. i can open the image in other programs so im guesing my video card isnt the issue, so would memory be the problem (but as far as my ram and hdd go they are not full, not by a long shot). this is the code from the tutorial "image="../data/particle/winx.jpeg";" has the code changed or what?

ty in advanced.
02-02-2010 01:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Panerox Offline

RE: quick question
i think the problem in your jpeg file. try to convert jpeg into another format (png for example). Maybe this is error in an importer. attach the file...
02-02-2010 02:59 PM
Ashaira Offline

(02-02-2010 02:59 PM)Panerox Wrote:  i think the problem in your jpeg file. try to convert jpeg into another format (png for example). Maybe this is error in an importer. attach the file...

i read a little more and yes looks like i need gfx format. but the images provided should have been in this format and yet they dont work either. ill try using the converter on other images, maybe they ones provided got corupted or something.
02-02-2010 03:03 PM
Panerox Offline

i don't have your problems smile. ill transform png in gfx, and then i use gfx in game.
how you will transform in gfx?
02-02-2010 03:20 PM
Ashaira Offline

okay am i missing something here? ive been trying to figure out how to use the tools(world editor converter etc) but for the love of christ i cant figure out how? where are they etc?
02-02-2010 03:23 PM
Chris Offline

Try just dragging your jpg into Mesh Editor (EsenthelEngineSDK > Tools > Mesh Editor.exe)? It should convert it to a gfx file (next to where you dragged it from). Then use this gfx file in your code.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 03:30 PM by Chris.)
02-02-2010 03:29 PM
Ashaira Offline

(02-02-2010 03:29 PM)Chris Wrote:  Try just dragging your jpg into Mesh Editor (EsenthelEngineSDK > Tools > Mesh Editor.exe)? It should convert it to a gfx file (next to where you dragged it from). Then use this gfx file in your code.

um how can i put this. there are no exes in that folder. :| do i need to buy a license to actually get them?
02-02-2010 03:32 PM
Panerox Offline

02-02-2010 03:40 PM
Ashaira Offline

i do not know where the tools are. where can i get them? they were not in the archive where the engine files were.
uh never mind. :| seems for some reason the dearchiving process didnt finish last time thats why some files were missing :| sry to bother you and thnx for the help.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 03:46 PM by Ashaira.)
02-02-2010 03:44 PM
Panerox Offline

Converter and other tools in the Tools folder of the SDK
here there are a some info how to use http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 03:52 PM by Panerox.)
02-02-2010 03:49 PM
Chris Offline

(02-02-2010 03:32 PM)Ashaira Wrote:  
(02-02-2010 03:29 PM)Chris Wrote:  Try just dragging your jpg into Mesh Editor (EsenthelEngineSDK > Tools > Mesh Editor.exe)? It should convert it to a gfx file (next to where you dragged it from). Then use this gfx file in your code.

um how can i put this. there are no exes in that folder. :| do i need to buy a license to actually get them?

There should be. No you don't need a license to use the tools non-commercially. Re-download and re-extract the SDK if there are no .exe's there:

http://www.esenthel.com/download/EsenthelEngineSDK.7z
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 04:08 PM by Chris.)
02-02-2010 04:06 PM