About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Physics sync
Dynad Offline

Physics sync
Hey,

I am busy with physics over network, and i am little stuck on something. The server simulates the physics and the clients as well.
But the server sends data to sync with the clients physics so that every client connected to the server sees the same physics on the same object.

Now what is the best way to edit the matrix physics on the client if its out of sync with the server?

For example:
When an object is flying in the world, the server and clients are simulating the physics. But when out of sync i can edit the matrix of that object on the client, but what happens is that the object is not flying anymore but has a new position and stays there or falling down.
So how can i edit the physics while it keeps flying but only to a different position?

ps: i was thinking about set the new position matrix and apply the force to the correct direction, but how can u calculate between the starting point and the the point where its flying. the force on the object must be lesser then the starting force point.

Thnx,
~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2010 02:26 PM by Dynad.)
02-12-2010 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

RE: Physics sync
Just send the position AND velocity & omega (angular momentum) of the object on the server to the client.

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
02-12-2010 07:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply