About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World editor questions
Chaplaindm Offline

World editor questions
4 quick questions

First, when I use the slope tool as I paint my terrain I can either go from less to more slope using the left mouse button, or I can go from more to less slope using the right mouse button. However, this limits me to only 2 different parameters. Is there a way I can use this for more than two parameters by using a middle perameter?

Second, when I hit tab to go into the FPP (I think that is what it is called) the World Editors drops me about 75 feet. Then I have to "look up" and slowly make my way back to the surface. I found a work around by starting well above the terrain but it is still odd.

Third, I found that the "seeable" area in the World Editor is 9 squares consisting of 64 smaller squares. I understand that each of these squares is a meter. I found in an earlier post these 64 squares can be changed to 124 or 32. Where can i do this? Also, as the high standard for terrain is one vertex per meter why would you want 124?

Finally, when imprting a heightmap can you import multiple independant heightmaps in different places? My plan is to sculpt some of the terrain using the WE tools. However, I want to use GROME or GeoControl to bring in detailed mountains and some other features. Any tips on the size to import?

Thank You,
Chaplain
04-20-2010 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: World editor questions
3) Main\New
04-20-2010 08:14 PM
Chaplaindm Offline

RE: World editor questions
Thanks! Anyone have an answer for the rest of the questions?

Chaplain
04-20-2010 09:06 PM