About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Are these stuff possible?
johanz Offline

Are these stuff possible?
1. "Virtual computers", by that I mean having a dynamic 2d display of sorts where you can navigate and press different buttons. Stuff like virtual keypads or simple computers.

2. Attaching multiple meshes on one skeleton. So I can for example, hide character's legs or head and stuff, simply rpg dressing system.

3. How does infinite world work? How visible are the seams and what happens if, for example, a building is in the middle of the seam?

4. Ragdoll and animation blending, can I for example have legs 100% animation driven, but upper body be 100% ragdolled so it flails around as character moves?

5. Day/night cycle possible? Or maybe even season cycle?

That's all for now.
05-02-2010 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yurci Offline

RE: Are these stuff possible?
5th It's in EsenthelEngineSDK tutorials...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
05-02-2010 04:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

2. available in EE

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
05-02-2010 04:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johanz Offline

What is EE?
05-02-2010 04:41 PM
Dynad Offline

Esenthel Engine smile

I have 100 posts!!! pfft

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 04:50 PM by Dynad.)
05-02-2010 04:50 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. you can try achieve this by manuall locking and updating virtual computer screen texture (manual per pixel graphics drawing)
2. yes
3. big meshes are automatically split into smaller to fit into areas
4. only full body can be blended with ragdoll
5. yes
05-02-2010 06:29 PM
johanz Offline

(05-02-2010 06:29 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  3. big meshes are automatically split into smaller to fit into areas

How does that work? It won't mess up UVs or anything?
And lights, how would lights work? Would they cast it on both meshes or only on the one that is in the same region as the light?

Thanks for answering smile
05-02-2010 06:41 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:It won't mess up UVs or anything?
No, the algorithm is very good smile

Quote:And lights, how would lights work? Would they cast it on both meshes or only on the one that is in the same region as the light?
only required data is processed.
05-02-2010 06:51 PM
johanz Offline

This actually seems to be quite a good engine, especially for such price.
05-02-2010 09:03 PM
Driklyn Offline

I would agree. I tested about 6-7 other engines before using this one and none of them even come close to this one.
05-02-2010 10:28 PM
Sarrene Offline

For an indie engine, I have to say this is the best out there. I have tried and purchased several from Garage Games (t3d, TGEA, TGE) to Realm Crafter Pro And everything in between, over the last 3 years. I do wish I had seen this one first. But, all part of research eh?

The possibilities in Esenthel Engine (EE) are almost endless. Though some things take a bit more work or learning, they are possible.

Not to mention one of the best developers out there that have created a full game engine (not just a graphic engine) and he has done it almost, if not all by himself.

If you do decide to purchase this engine, and I would recommend it to almost anyone, you can always feel free to post and ask questions. I know I pester more then enough here especially about the graphics side of things.

The other things that makes this one of the best.. a great community.

Peace and welcome to EE forums!
Sarrene'
05-03-2010 08:43 PM
johanz Offline

Sadly it runs really bad on my notebook, but that's not engine's fault, hehe.
05-03-2010 10:37 PM
Rofar Offline

I don't think all this great stuff should be mentioned where Grzegorz can read it. It may cause the licensing cost to increase smile
05-03-2010 10:45 PM
Sarrene Offline

Yah, only downside with tech yet today. Most laptops/notebooks are not meant for heavy or intense development. Note I said most. There are some out there that can handle a lot of load, but then you are getting into a higher price range.

I am not sure about Esenthel itself, but I do know that HP has a few out there that can handle Adobe Corporate CS3 and 3d s max 2009 (not at the same time) with no problem. Those are not too bad in price, but still more then your standard.

Hopefully you have a pc that you can use as well?

Peace,
Sarrene'

P.S. <laughs> Rofar, you might be correct.. Okay, it is the worse ever out there. I would not think of using anything else though. wink
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2010 10:48 PM by Sarrene.)
05-03-2010 10:47 PM
Dynad Offline

(05-03-2010 10:47 PM)Sarrene Wrote:  P.S. <laughs> Rofar, you might be correct.. Okay, it is the worse ever out there. I would not think of using anything else though. wink

I totally agree with you grin

05-03-2010 10:58 PM