About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Advocate (previously Zero Hour): Gameplay Footage
Driklyn Offline

RE: Zero Hour: Pre-Alpha Game Footage
Planning on using some destructible objects - glass, boxes, walls, etc. They'll be in there eventually.

(06-24-2010 05:46 AM)Chris Wrote:  i'm growing used to almost no textures in your videos now

lol.. The reason no objects have textures is because none of them are finalized and will be changed so we don't want to waste time having to redo UVs or doing textures for objects that end up not being in the game.
06-24-2010 06:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ID0 Offline

Cool! Combat system, pistols, ladders... I want like this! (but i don't even watch a code, i'm scared of C++smile)
06-24-2010 08:52 AM
Dampire Offline

Very impressive. But how you make your game level? Is this constructed from blocks? If yes, then how you do it without seams?
06-24-2010 05:45 PM
Driklyn Offline

From blocks, yes. To do it without seams, you just need to make sure everything is scaled correctly. To do this, turn on Grid Aligning (Ctrl+G) in Object mode of WE. Then, decide how many squares you want the object to take up. If, for example, you are modeling a room and you want that room to be 8x10 (8 squares wide by 10 squares long) inside of WE, multiply each number by 3.5 (this is the number I use) to get the size it should be inside of your modeling program.

8x10 * 3.5 = 28x35

Next, when you import the room into Mesh Editor, use Rescale Width to 1 (Mesh > Transform > Rescale Width to 1). After that, all you have to do is set the scaling of the mesh to whatever the number of squares the width should be (in this example, 8) and the room will be perfectly 8x10 inside WE.

And since Grid Aligning is turned on, you can easily reinsert and reposition several duplicates of that room you just created and align them up no problem. You should now have a perfect seam.

----------
Thanks for the comments too, ID0 and Dampire, btw.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2010 08:59 AM by Driklyn.)
06-25-2010 08:56 AM
Dampire Offline

Thanks for the detailed response.
06-25-2010 12:01 PM
Driklyn Offline

You're welcome. smile
06-26-2010 09:16 AM
Driklyn Offline

Here's a pretty major update. Lots of changes. Watch it to see them all. Game is now called Advocate instead of Zero Hour.

I worked on this game with two other guys, one did modeling and the other mostly did texturing and some modeling. I did all the programming and level design.

We were working on this game for our capstone at ITT Tech (final project before graduation for a college in the United States) and we just finished presenting it to our classmates, teacher, and program chair last Wednesday. It went pretty well. I think it's safe to say we will be graduating!

After presenting, I fixed and added a few things before making this video. This is a run-through of the entire game; it's 30 mins long. Quite a bit longer than I thought it was gonna be.

Couple of things I wish would have gone differently when recording, but I didn't feel like re-recording the entire game again to get it right. I just made a note of them using the Annotation tools on YouTube. If you watch it, you'll see what I mean.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OArTRxr24rQ
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h74TmeOmCZg

Not sure if we are gonna keep working on this or not. I'm thinking probably not which is somewhat disappointing. Already have plans for a different game.

Thanks for watching!
09-01-2010 03:41 AM
llynx Offline

RE: Advocate (previously Zero Hour): Gameplay Footage
Very very very nicely done! grin
09-01-2010 05:15 AM
Driklyn Offline

Thanks! lol
09-01-2010 06:52 AM
Salival Offline

Looks great, Keep your good work up!
09-01-2010 07:33 AM
Harry Offline

Wow that's really amazing. I don't like these type of games but this one is really cool smile
09-01-2010 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

It must have cost lot of work, looks great smile
09-01-2010 12:31 PM
Driklyn Offline

Thanks guys!

Yeah, it was quite a bit of work. There were several other things I coded as well but we decided not to use them. Nothing quite like wasting time grin
09-02-2010 04:43 AM
PsychoBoy Offline

Man game looks cool, creates its own climate ;D The only thing which is a bit poor - sound, footstep sounds a bit weird and red alert should be more sharper (of course not too loud) like:
http://cd.textfiles.com/maxsounds/WAV/EF...LARME2.WAV
http://sfxcontent.s3.amazonaws.com/sound...veHorn.mp3
http://www.queenfish.org/noframes/sounds/colalarm.wav
http://www.planetfortress.com/anticheat/...flagtk.wav
I love click n point/escape/puzzle games with thriller climate smile Where I can download it? The game isn't finished yet? Will you public it to download?
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 08:21 PM by PsychoBoy.)
03-29-2012 02:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

Thanks. We planned on making this into a full-fledged game, but after the course ended, we stopped working on it entirely. The game is in the same state as it is in the video. There are no download links available.
03-30-2012 06:58 AM