About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Mesh Editor -> Engine
iamcreasy Offline

Mesh Editor -> Engine
Put it simply, I wanna take my mesh, which has been rigged and a simple walk cycle has been animated into the engine.

I have followed the Advanced > Animation (skeleton) tutorial but the resultant mesh is always distorted.

Can anyone give me the source code.

The assets are in the attachment.There is also a source code that I have tried, which dont work.(it is from the EE tutorials)

N.B. the walk cycle is a rubbish...it will look like it is trying to prevent itself from falling.

Thanks in advanced, I am trying this for several days.

Attached File(s)
.zip  dino.zip (Size: 414.81 KB / Downloads: 5)
05-26-2010 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Mesh Editor -> Engine
in the codes you have "walk.anim"
but the file that you have is "walk_cycle.anim"
05-26-2010 06:18 PM
iamcreasy Offline

:(

i forgot to add this line
Code:
skl.updateMatrix(MatrixIdentity);

can anyone explain why without this line the mesh is so distorted.

what does "skl.clear();" and "SetMatrix();" mean?
I am facing some problem for the animation playback...

It seems like the animation is only being played for a certain period of time.Instead of the full playback, it just moves its leg a little.

Also, how do i get the proper scaling?when i load the object inside the engine the model is too small.What if is scale up the model inside model editor?Then there is no what that can rescale the skeleton as well?
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2010 09:10 PM by iamcreasy.)
05-26-2010 08:59 PM
iamcreasy Offline

Finally I made it work...

The model has to be rescaled and all the rigging and animation has to be redone...then it worked fine.

Is there any way to rescale the model without destroying the rigging or any way to rescale the skeleton as a whole?

1. When no bones is selected then, if i press Tab i see bone weight is a very random manner.What does it mean?
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2010 12:00 AM by iamcreasy.)
05-26-2010 11:48 PM
Harry Offline

(05-26-2010 11:48 PM)iamcreasy Wrote:  Is there any way to rescale the model without destroying the rigging or any way to rescale the skeleton as a whole?

You should load mesh and skeleton, then rescale mesh and save it. Then you should save skeleton too. Or you can change an object scale in World Editor.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2010 09:21 AM by Harry.)
05-27-2010 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply