About Store Forum Documentation Contact

ME animation::convert
Dynad Offline

ME animation::convert
Hey,

I am importing my new made character animation to the ME. Everything works fine in ME but when in the game it doesn't.

What happens is that when i look around with the mouse the character/hands moves like it should be but the weapon that is attached in the animation doesn't move correctly with the arms "not perfectly aligned".

Well then u have an option in ME; animations::convert -> Target orientations to relative rotations. In-game the weapon stays correctly at the hands but some of my animations are acting weird at some key-points, moving arms/hands weird around that is not what i want at all...

Im exporting the mesh to ms3d or b3d... i tried with .x but the problem is that the gun animation isn't working anymore.

I use FragMotion for the animations.
Does someone have any solution to this problem?

Thnx,
~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2010 01:55 AM by Dynad.)
06-12-2010 01:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demi Offline

RE: ME animation::convert
When it it is in zero position, are all the axis aligned correctly? Looks like it got twisted because the axis in Zero position is not pointing in the right direction.
06-12-2010 03:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

if hands animate correctly cant you attach the weapon to the hand using SkelPoint?
that's the recommended methos as it allows to have many weapons
06-12-2010 08:46 AM
Zervox Offline

I would do as Esenthel says, but do different animations based on which weapons gets loaded into SkelPoint,
void weaponswitch
switch(caseweaponswitchto)
case caseweaponswitchto M60:
{
play M60switch anim;
//code to get the point in M60switch anim when hands are gone from view;
remove any object from handskelpoint
attach M60 to SkelPoint
}
caseweaponswitchto "nextweapon
{
repeat
}

This is how all big games does it. R6 Vegas, css,unreal tournament, crysis.
well its basicly the same way they do it, a little advanced functions to make it look better etc.
06-12-2010 10:47 AM
Dynad Offline

Yes but i had some trouble with it, like reloading that the mag is falling out and the new one is putting back... and thats kinda pain in the ass if the hands and gun are not in the same mesh file. And ofc the gun animation, it would be stupid when u can shoot u can gun without reloading the gun... and if they have an animation how do i know that their animation with the hands are in sync?

I tried it before trust me but my hair went almost grey with Esenthels method.....

So thats why i choose for this option wink

Sure the big games do this way but they have source code of their engine, i dont so i have todo it with the stuff i have..

~Dynad

06-12-2010 01:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

In animation in mesh editor you can see the length of your animation. go through the animation to see when they are synced.

Also, I've wondered, what is Imba Licenced? 1000usd?
possible way attach clip to SkelPoint on the gun via code, when reloading attach it to right hand skel?
06-12-2010 09:51 PM
Dynad Offline

first noway if im gonna do that it would take ages to get that right... my way is way faster.

second no its just mod cp smile

and last well try it urself u wont be happy at all with this method...

06-12-2010 10:25 PM
Zervox Offline

Well I dont know if esenthel got a way to detect which frames its in an animation. That would make my way alot faster.

Already have tried it, just not with Esenthel. =p
06-12-2010 10:55 PM
Dynad Offline

Yes well i tried it with skel points but not very successfull if u ask me ...

06-12-2010 11:21 PM
Zervox Offline

Well, come to think of it, there is another way of doing it, its having the hands and each gun animated together, (aka the same model) and when you switch weapon you switch the hand|gun model as well.
06-13-2010 02:09 AM
Dynad Offline

Quote:Yes but i had some trouble with it, like reloading that the mag is falling out and the new one is putting back... and thats kinda pain in the ass if the hands and gun are not in the same mesh file and ofc the gun animation.

Yes that was my plan..

So its kinda working now with weapon and hands in 1 mesh... only the controller class is not working properly cause of the skeleton names etc but that is not really a problem.

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2010 02:41 AM by Dynad.)
06-13-2010 02:29 AM