About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Strange Background Reflection RTT
fatcoder Offline

Strange Background Reflection RTT
I was just testing out some physics and I decided to draw some of my physics actors as solid filled shapes, by using the following code, which I'm calling in the object's drawPrepare() method.
Code:
actor.draw(Color(0,0,0),true);

I have now noticed something very strange, which can be seen in the sequence of screen shots below.

1. In the first shot, the camera is pointing up at the sky. The black area is the physics actor drawn using the above code.

2. In the second shot, I start moving the camera down to point more at the drawn physics actor. Look what starts to appear in the top left corner.

3. In the final shot, I'm pointing the camera directly at the physics actor. The RTT in the top left corner is full visible now.

It appears to be a relfection RTT for the water. I can make out some other objects in my scene that are being rendered as a reflection to this RTT.

I'm wondering why this is here and why it only appears when overlapping with a drawn physics actor? Is this a bug or something left over from testing the water, or am I doing something wrong?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

07-09-2010 06:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Strange Background Reflection RTT
actor::draw is to be used only for debugging, please call it outsite of Renderer, only inside Draw
07-09-2010 08:04 AM
fatcoder Offline

RE: Strange Background Reflection RTT
Yes, I figured that actor::draw should only be called outside of the Renderer, however it is sometimes easier just to do it in the object's draw methods when you want a quick look at the object's physics body.

So I guess that RTT is supposed to be there, we are just not supposed to ever see it. I'm just wondering why the engine is even displaying this RTT at all. Surely it is something that is just rendered in memory and doesn't need to be rendered to the screen?
07-10-2010 02:03 AM