About Store Forum Documentation Contact

input.crouch/walk + actionMoveTo()
Solimo Offline

input.crouch/walk + actionMoveTo()
Hey,

I dont understand how to move Chr to Vec by actionMoveTo() in walk or crouch. Common sense tells that we should set input which we are intersted in on true (fe. input.crouch = true) then update and execute actionMoveTo().

Effect? Looks like character try to crouch but actionMoveTo() force him to run. When I assing same code for Player : Chr and change to input.crouch = Kb.. everythin works well.

Well, to make it clear I want make Chr to use way of moving as long as i wont change it again.

Thank you for help,
Solimo
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2010 11:17 AM by Solimo.)
07-19-2010 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

RE: input.crouch/walk + actionMoveTo()
Not sure about crouching, but you can set Chr::move_walking to true in order to make the character walk instead of run.
07-20-2010 07:16 AM
Solimo Offline

Yea, that is true - i figured it out but there is still problem with crouch - Chr doesn't support this way of thinkin'. I really want to make posibility for AI designers to prepere ganks - u know stalkers in mountiains etcsmile.
07-23-2010 10:56 PM
Driklyn Offline

Now that I think about it, you should be able to just replace the run animation with the crouch animation when the Chr should be crouching. These two tutorials, located in the "EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials\Source\Advanced\4 - Demos, Game Basics\Game Basics" folder, should be useful:

"12 - Character Animations"
"13 - Character Default Animations.cpp"
07-23-2010 11:20 PM
Solimo Offline

So as I though this is the only way to do it. Im just too lazy lol grin, but now im gonna learn this part of engine. Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2010 10:02 AM by Solimo.)
07-24-2010 10:00 AM
Solimo Offline

Hello again,

How to add new types to world editor. I mean I created my enum's which determine something and now i would like create obj pattern-file to set it all up in world editor.

Thanks for help.

EDIT:

Ok, nvm. Found file where im able to add new types to editor.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2010 09:26 AM by Solimo.)
07-30-2010 08:58 AM
Altair Offline

Hi,

I have the same problem with crouching. I changed the animation as in "13 - Character Default Animations.cpp". Animation is fine but physical capsule changes its height on such as when walking, which makes the character levitates. How to do it properly?
02-12-2011 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Altair Offline

No one knows the solution to this problem?
02-14-2011 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply